Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Security msg changed Voicemail pin

Kc0000

Hi, just wondering if anyone has received random optus msg saying for security reasons we reset your voicemail pin. 

Do you know why I would have received this? Has someone tried to access my voicemail or is it just a routine thing 

Re: Security msg changed Voicemail pin

glenn0

In 10 years of having an Optus mobile service I have never had this happen to me.

I would suggest manually changing your voicemail PIN so you know it's secure.

-------------------

Loyal Optus customer. My opinions are my own.

Shamusmcfly

I’ve had this exact same message 3 times randomly too and was wondering the same thing as I have a nasty vindictive ex wife, so I too would like to know why I keep receiving this message? Is it random or because someone is trying to access my voicemail?

personally I think visual voicemail like I used to get with Vodafone is a far better option, but Optus doesn’t support that. That way you don’t have to worry about dialing in to get your messages. 

Jules356

I went into my Optus account today to change my postal address as we've moved interstate - and what a PITA the new website seems to be, you change one thing and then it stops you from updating/changing anything else at the same time - AND it took 3 attempts to get the new address to save on my account!  Anyway ... after logging out of my account, I received the SMS about my voicemail PIN being reset "for your security", so I don't know whether it's random or for some reason changing my address has triggered the system to reset my PIN?  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
126 Kudos
96 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos