cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Surely_You_Jest
New Contributor

Scammers

You have got to be kidding Optus?? Let me say upfront that I am heavily involved in IT and extremely savvy with technology and particularly security issues. So when I received 3 unsolicited scam SMSes over the last 3 weeks I ignored them (as everyone SHOULD do). However, I discovered today that there have been 3 unauthorised charges on my account for $9.99 each.

So now I've read all the forum comments; I've set the default (what the??) Premium SMS setting to $0; I've seen Optus' statement that they are finally stopping this scam on 31 Jan; and I've tried unsuccessfully to contact them to get my $29.97 illegally billed against my account removed from my next bill. My repeated telephone calls ("please try later") and live chat requests ("please try later") have all failed to gain anyone's attention (is there anyone at home, Optus??!!).

Optus, you have got to be kidding if you think that what you have done to effectively allow scammers direct access to people's bank accounts and your appalling non-existent customer service and your incredibly useless website are in any way acceptable, then you really should shut up shop immediately. This is totally pathetic!

I am going to try one last attempt at gaining some sort of attention from you guys by actually going into one of your physical stores tomorrow and if that fails, I will take this up with the TIO and cancel my accounts with you.

Unbelievable!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scammers

Hmm not sure if a store can help you with that and speaking with the TIO would be my advice if Optus won’t help. I understand the problem is even more aggravating given support has all but disappeared however I believe Optus has become more receptive to their customers on this matter given the amount of complaints. I would still persist with the live chat link below until you get through.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had @Surely_You_Jest 😞 

Could you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and date of birth and we can dispute the charge on your behalf as well as set up a $0 spend so you can't be charged further for these services. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Surely_You_Jest
New Contributor

Thanks for your feedback, Yeldarb. I will follow up with Marie's subsequent response and advise back here on the journey and outcome. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Surely_You_Jest, I've replied back to your private message. We've submitted the dispute request on your behalf. You're more than welcome to continue chatting with us there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos