Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Karen_C
New Contributor
New Contributor

Scam text message still doing the rounds

I have received an SMS today stating:

Optus: We still didn't hear from you. To avoid further issues with your account visit https://optus.com.au.customer-dashboard.services/ to confirm your details.

It got sent from allegedly +61 405 901 345. It seems to be a different number than previously, but exactly the same text as that reported here in early July.

I've typed the text in to this post, rather than copy and paste from the original message, to prevent any risk of the link being activated as I'm not sure how sophisticated they would be.

I have reported it to hidden, and have blocked the number on my mobile.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Karen_C
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Scam text message still doing the rounds

Reported it to the abuse @ optusnet . com . au email address. Spaces inserted deliberately.
For some reason the post changed the address to 'hidden' when I submitted my post.
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Karen_C wrote:

It got sent from allegedly +61 405 901 345. It seems to be a different number than previously

The numbers these come from can be ignored because they are all spoofed (i.e. faked).

@Karen_C wrote:

I've typed the text in to this post, rather than copy and paste from the original message, to prevent any risk of the link being activated as I'm not sure how sophisticated they would be.

Copy/pasting is fine. The simple existence of the link means that it will end up being activated at some point, whether it be by someone clicking on the link in the forum or by search engines when they crawl yescrowd.

For some reason the post changed the address to 'hidden' when I submitted my post.

Optus automatically removes all email addresses in posts.

Reported it to the abuse @ optusnet . com . au 

And I've reported it to the domain name registrar namecheap.com.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Here is what the scam site wants from you:

1) Your My Account login. It seems to try and verify the login details in real time.

Cropped1.png

2) Your personal details. It will not accept a fake address.

Cropped2.png

3) and finally your credit/debit card details. It Required a valid credit card number as well as a valid date in the future.

But its totally fine, they won't bill that card 🤣.

Cropped3.png

0 Kudos