Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Scam SMS

@Yeldarb wrote:

YetAnotherAcc I think they turned private messaging off didn't they?

Edit: Lmao, hopefully he responds today.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Welcome-Announcements/Private-Message-removal-in-the-community/m-p/... 

They are deleting all the messages on the same day as well, what's their rush?

That announcement doesn't accept replies, why?

If they are supposedly looking for a replacement, why get rid of it before you have a replacement in place?

@Ray_YC Care to comment?

@ShaneD1111  , sorry for hijacking your thread with this private messaging discussion.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Peter mine doesn't work mate. I actually posted about it a while back.

Yes 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Maybe that's why its being retired - you broke Optus @Yeldarb 

Apologies too, to @ShaneD1111  but without PMs I suspect this will be the only way to communicate going forward.

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

... and yes it troubles me that Optus would use two third party websites for support with no real understanding of what these companies are doing with Optus customers private data. At least using their own domain they have full control over every aspect of it.

I am actually surprised there is no disclaimer saying "POST AT YOUR OWN RISK "whilst Optus may respect your privacy, Faceache and Twatter will not.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Not sure how you guys missed it, it's been on the front page since February 14th.

We are looking into a new way to service customers in the future and will keep you updated. You now know the same amount of information about this new way as I do 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

Not sure how you guys missed it, it's been on the front page since February 14th.

I see it now, and I know exactly why we missed it. It's like I mentioned in a another thread about why people missed your "don't post personal info " message, its because its not in the focus area of the page. We look at the front page to find new messages, so that's where our gaze is focused and we have no reason to look anywhere else on the page.

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ah let me take in this moment as the first and only time I haven't missed something. 😄

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Can't say I saw it either but probably noted by most 'casual' users (Yeldarb is obviously an outlier). The TRENDING PAGE was only ever useful (to me) for first time announcements. If the top item hadn't changed I'd click over to RECENT.

Anyway bit of a moot point now.
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi all,

Since several of our regulars are on this thread, please check out this new post regarding scam SMS.

This particular scam SMS identified by the OP was blocked about 3 hours later with the help of Yes Crowd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos