Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Samsung tab S4 missing sim tray

Received preorder s4 today, found sim tray was missing when I opened the box. Spent whole day to contact optus support, Samsung and visited couple optus store, still can't resolve it.  Especially the service received from the optus store was unacceptable, they treat online customer very rude, seems like I bought the device from Telstra or Vodafone. Very disappointed and angry about optus customer service. Will lodge a complaint about my experience today, but still trying to figure out how to do it. The contact detail online was useless.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Samsung tab S4 missing sim tray

Hey there,

Just to confirm, the SIM tray was not physically in the device?

If you've purchased it from Optus, you have warranty - are you having trouble claiming warranty in store?

We would love to help you here, but I want to make it clear that you can make a complaint - the instructions are on this page:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/complaints-compliments?requestType=NormalRequest&id=140...

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Confirmed, sim tray was not in the device when I opened the box. Contacted online support first, ask me to go to any optus store for exchange. 1st store told me they don't have any in stock, instruct me check with Samsung directly or other optus store. Dropped to Samsung service at homebush, they told me they don't have spare units or spare parts. Issue a service ticket to me, said I can get replacement from any optus stores. Then head to the 2nd store, the 1st staff told be they have received couple of claims about sim tray missing this morning and she contacted optus office for a solution, asked me to wait. 20 mins later, 2nd staff came to me, asked what I want, I said I need to exchange. He said only customer ordered through their store can get replacement. The instructions from online support and Samsung were wrong. And insinuated I lied and stole the sim tray. Told me send device back to optus for investigation before processing my claim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hi @Nirvana621,

Contacted online support first, ask me to go to any Optus store for exchange

Do you happen to have a saved copy of the transcript? I'll approach our Live Chat management team and ensure that this sort of advice isn't given out again.

An exchange can only be issued by the sales channel you'd received the device from.

What's the name of the second Optus Store you went to? I know it's not an ideal, but could you purchase a generic SIM tray from a repair store? We could always credit the amount you've spent back to your Optus Account. 

If that's not an option, you might need to go through the in-store warranty repair claim process. That will involve sending the device back to the manufacturer with a turnaround time of up to 10 business days. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Its not some generic part. Its a critical item that is required for operation.

Under ACL this would be classed as a major problem

It is unfit for use as the sim card tray is critical for its operation - you cant use the Optus service bundled with the product if it has no sim card tray - therefore the product delivered is not what was advertised.

10 Working days fix for a DOA item is also classed as major as it cant be fixed in a reasonable amount of time especially since its advertised:

FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY

Available in capital cities for orders made between midnight and 1pm (AEST) Monday to Friday

The retailer (Being Optus) cannot refuse help and then send you off to the manufacturer (Samsung)

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Blog Author

I know it's unlikely and I'm not accusing the customer of lying.

As a general thought, what measures do we have in place to confirm that the SIM tray wasn't lost by the customer? 

How does a Retail store process a DOA for a customer if it wasn't purchased in-store? 

I've worked in a retail store and this wasn't an option. Unless we sold the item and the customer opened the packaging in front of us, we could process the DOA (if we were merited that is).

Not to mention the different stock allocation. 

Otherwise, we'd be forced to go through the claims process, or direct the customer through to our service channels to organise a return satchel and replacement. 

I'm just not sure who's responsible for authorising the replacement. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

An Optus retail store be it owned outright or as an agent of

Name: OPTUS MOBILE PTY LIMITED
ACN: 054 365 696
ABN: 65 054 365 696

Or one of the other ones such as Optus Networks PTY LTD etc

Early life failure is what this is classed as, so will need to be treated as such.

Would be faster for the impacted consumer in this case to request cancelleation without charge and order a new device.

Highlighted
Blog Author

Hmm, I'd say the same.

I might need to get some clarrifcation on the rules there. It's been a long time since I've worked in the store.

There's always been some confusion around the DOA/ELF process in retail. 

I'd say that's what we'll likely need to do here. @Nirvana621, PM Us with your details and we'll work out what needs to be done. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Actual photo of DAN_C working weekends, nights and other odd times.

Actual image of DAN_C

Highlighted
Blog Author

Haha! So true it hurts. 

0 Kudos