Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Samsung galaxy watch

[ Edited ]
Tiff1986

Come on Optus..... you need to get the Samsung Galaxy watch on board. You have catered for the Apple customers with ipads phones & watch etc but not Samsung users. Very unfair. 

We should not have to change to Telstra to be able to get the cellular model. 

So many of your customers are wanting you to make it available to us. Dont you want to make your customers happy???

#optusneedstosupportsamsungusersnow

#samsunggalaxywatchforoptuscustomers

Re: Samsung galaxy watch

Paddylee

Already a post on this one.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Galaxy-watch-4g-is-available-at-telstra-is-it-available-on-o...

So far nothing but Telstra exclusive at this point from Samsung, so we still waiting for any info.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

cedededwe

Exactly, they should have brought it more earlier buddy.

Regards,

Smith

meddude

Im totally pissed optus!

I stayed with you and got a new note 9 but now I find out I cant get the samsung watch to go with it?

WTF?

Do I need to fork out $$$ now to make the transition to a carrier who will accomadate me?

Dan_C

We're not suggesting you do that @meddude.

That choice is something you'd need to make.

At this stage, we won't be stocking the Galaxy Watch. 

Like we've said, if things do happen to change, we'll be sure to make an annoucement.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Paddylee

Things to remember. 

The watch only works on lte if your 30+m from your phone as when its close its always on bluetooth.

Watch does not have band 28 aka 700Mhz so thats a major loss as thats the primary band for inbuilding coverage. 

The bluetooth only version will work fine with an Optus or any other carrier device, you just wont be able to make calls or sms without being in Bluetooth range of your device. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Storms79

Will Optus at least offer the esim plan that works with the watch so we can buy somewhere else and still use it on the Optus network  

Nikkodemus

I've been given a Galaxy Watch as a present. It has an esim but I can't Number Share with my mobile on Optus. Why is that so hard when an iPhone can be connected?

I'm out of contract so looks like I'll have to change to Telstra or Vodaphone if this can't be fixed quickly. Sad when I've been with Optus for many years.

[ Edited ]
Jimbolical

I went to the local optus shop ingle farm SA today.  I was just going to get the Samsung S3 frontier on the $15 plan over 24 months.  The sales rep talked me out of it saying they know for a fact they are getting the new Samsung Galaxy watch within the month and plans over 24 months are approx $25 per month with number sharing.  I said with all the research I have done,  that only telstra offer this but he said optus are definitely going to do it without a doubt.  He better be right or I will be pissed.  As I said,  he had no doubt whatsoever.  

Dan_C

Ah, really? 

optus are definitely going to do it without a doubt.

I've spoken with our Samsung product manager and there are no plans to stock the watch (at-least within the next coming months).

Are you able to send us a private message?

Could you include the name of the sales rep? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
62 Kudos
54 Kudos
49 Kudos