Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JazzyT
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Samsung galaxy watch active 2

Me too! I've been told to wait and upgrade my Pixel 4 when eligible...I was actually told by Optus store it would work...now I'm stuck till November. They should really take responsibility for this and at very least waive 3 month and let me change phone now, but they wouldn't.
0 Kudos
Leahmaree
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had this issue back in November 2019. I had to put a dispute in with the TIO for a full refund of all costs associated with the watch inlcuing connected device fees ECT. Make sure to send the watch back yourself and not through the Optus stores, they will waive all fees, really push it. It was a headache but I got out of the entire contract.
0 Kudos
skishlee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Oh wish I knew this earlier. I really tried to push for a waiver of my early termination fees associated with my Pixel to upgrade to a Samsung because I really wanted the watch. The refused to go over 30% waiver and refused to even acknowledge that I was completely misled and lied to. Unfortunately I accepted the offer so don't think I could take it any further. I contemplated going to the TIO but didn't think I'd get far 😞
0 Kudos
MacFly
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Crap.

Just upgraded from Samsung phone to Pixel 5 and now getting this error on my Samsung watch.

0 Kudos
Water86
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is a joke, I spent 2 hrs on the phone to tech support for them to tell me they don't know why it's not connecting even after they were told what type of phone I have. It is unbelievable that I find out the answer in this forum that my google pixel 5 will not connect, I am furious
0 Kudos
JazzyT
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep ...we've all been there. Very frustrating that it's still going on. You think they would bother to inform their staff that this combination is not ok when on Optus plans.
Very annoying
Water86
New Contributor
New Contributor

Worse part is yesterday they told me I needed to add number share to my plan and charged me $5 extra P/month. For me to find out today that I'm not eligible is mind blowing
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey there @Water86. It's not great to hear about the troubles with your number share and Galaxy Watch. If you can reach out to our teams on Facebook or Twitter, they will be more than happy to try and assist you on this matter further from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

MacFly
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah it's a pretty crappy situation.

Started a 2 year plan with my watch on 27th Feb 2020. Got my Google Pixel through Optus also on the 15th Oct 2020. My watch is just sitting collecting dust because the main features won't work properly.

Issues still not solved. If I knew this was going to have issues I would have gone with a Samsung again, don't really want to go Samsung again due to all the bloat etc.  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors