cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Samsung galaxy watch active 2

Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy watch active 2 on a plan through Optus. It is not connecting to the Optus network unless it connects via Bluetooth to my phone. My understanding is that it is supposed to be a cellular device that connects wherever I am - the cellular data for the watch is part of my plan.

I have added the Galaxy watch Samsung app to my phone. When I check mobile networks in the app, I get the following error message: ‘the Optus network isn’t supported on your watch. You’ll be notified to update your watch software when support becomes available. ‘

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Samsung galaxy watch active 2

I am experiencing the exact same issue, getting a message that the Optus network isn't supported on the watch. Came here looking for a fix. I am hoping it can be fixed otherwise I'm not sure what I'm paying extra for!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Skishlee,

I feel your pain.

I have an iPhone, so I tried putting my optus phone sim from my iPhone into a Samsung galaxy A30, and then pairing the watch with the Samsung phone - this appeared to solve the problem, it allowed my watch to pick up the optus network for some reason. Once I swapped the sim back, the watch no longer connected to the optus network again. I am thinking I might have to buy a new Samsung phone... not happy since it is supposed to be compatible with iPhones as well as Androids.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes after doing some more googling I think the issue might be my phone. I have a Pixel 4. I was told it would work so I'm a bit frustrated.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Having exact problems , spent two hours at Optus and they weren’t able to determine the issue, live chat was just copy and paste information from the website. Might have to change providers just to get cellular working on the watch. It is what it is 😞
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi simont126, I ended up getting a Samsung phone and now it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is sooo frustrating. I have pixel 4 and have the same issue...it is Optus network problem and no one has any idea. Someone needs to tell Optus not to sell these to people who don't have a Samsung phone. But who'd have thought it wouldn't work with a phone less than a year old
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also stuck with the same problem. I am using a OnePlus 6 device. 

When I try and  pair the watch with Optus Sim, it does not go ahead and says Optus Network is not supported.

I feel the problem lies with Optus as they are restricting the pairing with non-Samsung devices as when I try and pair the watch to my second sim (India - Airtel), it tries to connect and asks me to verify my details. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @ASanon, in order to use the watch as cellular you need to first activate number sharing feature on your mobile service with us. In saying that not all devices are supported by number share with us, only Samsung and Apple devices are. Please refer to our Number Share → support page for more info. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Will support for added for Google devices? I didn't realise number share wasn't supported when I purchased my watch plan. It wasn't made clear enough during the purchase process and now I have a watch that is pretty useless. Is there anything that can be done?
0 Kudos