Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Samsung Watch

[ Edited ]
antegeia7

Ok, I am about to spoil my self for Christmas. Finally Samsung has launched a watch that is beyond expectations but alas, optus still stays in the shadows. What is happening? Are we gonna have an official word or shall we changenetwork providers? Definetely I m not changing phones as my galaxy and the android OS for ME is way better than Apple's iOS OS and as I m desperate to obtain the watch I am considering Telstra who has become very competitive over the last years with almost equal if not better plans.

So any official announcement? And from what I read I m not the only one who is about to change network providers bacause of this. Even Vodafone is having it on the 5th of December!!!!!!!!

thanks,

george

Re: Samsung Watch

chloesok

Hey @antegeia7, thanks for reaching out to us about this.

At this stage we haven't been given an update on this device. Currently, I'm afraid it's not something we have stock. Apologies for any inconvenience here. 

In the interim, I'll certainly pass feedback on to our Marketing team about this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

GregD

Optus has the ability to connect but have allegedly signed a clandestine deal with the fruit company to not connect any other brand.

antegeia7

Thank you @chloesok

Optus will be loosing by businees after six years as i will be taking both of my services out. And probably many will follow. i was at Northland shoping centre last Friday listenoing to peoples complaints on optus not having the watch and on samsung stand too.

Monopolising your market in order to push your sales onto the apple watch want help the market, customer, optus and samsung.

Clearly optus has the capacity to support esim and staying out of this will only have impact on optus businesses. Those of us we realy want the watch clearly have other options specifically two. 

What a same.

foylema

Im in the same boat. Swapping to Telstra is very tempting as there seems to be no interest shown by Optus to support the watch.

A_Bazzari

Leaving isn't as easy for everyone. I am on a note9 24 months contract (21 to go).

antegeia7

Probably they are not having it ever. and the fact they do not say anything proves it. I spoke with a samsung guy at Northland kiosk and he said theres no negotiation between optus and samsung. So instead of waiting to hear anything on Christmas I m gone.

You can pay out the phone and go. It will b emore expensive though.  For this reson I always buy my outright ( recently purchased the S9) and I m always on a Sim only plan me and my family too.

A_Bazzari

It's my first contract experience ever, and first time joining Optus as well. I ported my number. 

Solution

Ray_YC

Hi all,

Samsung Galaxy Watch now available to purchase from Optus

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
151 Kudos
129 Kudos
96 Kudos
96 Kudos
74 Kudos