cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Samsung Tab S7 preorder - Optus lying to customers

Why are Optus reps lying to customers? Preorders through any channel say that Samsung tab s7 and tab s7+ are released on the 11th September.
Customer (me) does a preorder.
Gets confirmation of said preorder.
Comes the 11th of September - hears nothing.
So contact customer service and get told Samsung delayed launch, not that Optus has a delay but SAMSUNG delayed launch till the 18th of spetember.
But that makes customers wonder why the OPTUS WEBSITE says - IN STOCK WITH EXPRESS DELIVERY.

3 reps have all said that Samsung delayed launch till the 18th, Optus website says tablets are released and currently available to order.
Then rep even says that they are available but checks order and says it's delayed till 18th.
Why are Optus customer service reps lying to customers?
Final rep said they are available, then said SAMSUNG delayed till the 18th and then said they are available now and I will get mine within 5-7 business days
When the rep gets caught out lying and questioned on this, his responce is 'sorry for the miscommunication'

Word: miscommunication
noun
Definition: failure to communicate adequately.

What Optus has done is not miscommunicate but lie to customers in this instance.

I actually expect an appropriate responce to this with an explanation of why 3 people working for Optus have lied?
Why is Optus reps blaming another company when it's not true?
And what sort of reprimand or repercussions will the reps receive?
And why do I have to wait longer for something that was expected to be on its way?

Regards
A loyal customer of literally 18yrs, with multiple services who will be seriously considering whether Optus is the type of company that I should be with in the future if this is how reps represent their company to customers
7 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Samsung Tab S7 preorder - Optus lying to customers

Don't think they are exactly lying but some sort of false communication happening throughout. All of the above happened when the s20 ultra was released and on preorder. Never got resolution to it and just had it all blamed on covid. Pretty much at their mercy and whenever it is delivered is when you get it. Hope you have better luck than most did on s20 ultra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same thing is happening to me.

Orinally I was told I would have the tablet on the 11th September. When I enquired I was told there were delays. At no time did they tell me that it would not be available until the 18th September.

It's false advertising saying it is available from the 11th September and express delivery is available.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've had this same issue - minus being able to contact support as easily.

I'm hard of hearing and written communication is significantly easier for me than phone calls.

I've checked the links in the email about my order - everything says delayed beyond 1-5 business days and I'll be updated. Still waiting for that update.

I've contacted Chat to ask about my order and they were unable to tell me anything, instead giving me a number to call.

Given everything, I'd prefer not to use the National Relay Service if I can get answers another way as many people need operators available, so this post tells me as much as (if not more than) calling Optus would give me.

Thank you for posting. You gave me info I needed.

Good to know my phone call would've been a royal goose chase.

By the way: The Telstra website says on their S7 and S7+ listings that some orders have been delayed by Covid. Is it really so hard for Optus to do?
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just an update.

I contacted Optus via chat and for some reason they decided to cancel my pre order which I did not authorise.

I then had to call the sales direct phone number in Melbourne and they had to reorder the tablet. This is going to make the delivery time longer.

The consultant confirmed they do have them in stock.

I did my ordering via chat. I think just be careful if ordering or getting support via chat.
Highlighted

Hi @Vikkik, it's not great to learn about this experience. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused. I have marked this as feedback for the Messaging Team to review. You should receive a notification via SMS/email once your order is on its way. You can find out more here

If you have any further questions, feel free to send us a Private/Direct Message via our Social Pages on Facebook or Twitter and the Social Media Team will be more than happy to assist. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

2ND UPDATE

Just be aware that the preorder included keyboard and cover that is worth $299.

If like me your preorder gets cancelled the new order won't include the keyboard and cover because it wont be classed as a preorder.

I have requested the keyboard and cover and I have also made a complaint about this debacle.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Update:

I called Optus myself after seeing OP say they had their order cancelled and wanting to check mine wasn't cancelled.

The first person I spoke to said they'd look into it but somehow I got transferred to a technician. He didn't want to see me transferred again, so took on the case himself.

Oh what a difference it made to speak to someone who was focused on finding the reason for the delay rather than just placating me.

So here's the info I got:

Samsung sent about half of the S7 stock that Optus had requested. There's a large number of pending orders. (Presumably due to the stock restrictions a rep linked vague info on above.)

They are NOT in stock, despite what the S7 listing would lead you to believe. For this reason, I feel OP is completely valid to feel Optus is lying to us. If there is no S7 stock in the warehouse, they are not "in stock" and there's no other way to spin that without lying. (I have no info on the S7+ but presumably it's a similar situation.)

The reason my order has not been filled is that there is no stock there. I am higher on the list than most others, so I would assume Optus is prioritising pre-orders. (As they should.)

I would recommend to OP and anyone else who had their preorder cancelled without their authorisation, perhaps call Samsung and ask if there are any terms and conditions of their alliance with Optus regarding Optus staff cancelling a preorder without your consent.

While I understand that the stock delay is not the fault of Optus, they are definitely responsible for not giving us any updates or telling us they are waiting for more stock.

They are also, as far as I know, responsible for filling a preorder (contract) with a customer even if it was cancelled without a suitable reason. Cancelling a contract can only happen for specific reasons and if it's been cancelled without any of those reasons, it should be remedied.

Even Harvey Norman had information on their website stating orders are delayed due to not enough stock when I checked their S7 listing the other day. Optus is withholding information regarding this and has failed to update us in 10 days since preorders were expected to be shipped.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors