Hi everyone! I have found that since the last big update, my Samsung Galaxy S8 has had a number of issues. I've done some research but they appear to be overseas responses and I can't seem to make their fixes work. I have shut down and restarted several times but no improvement.
My main issues are:
* Horrendous battery drain - I haven't changed any of my settings or the way I used my phone, and by 10am my battery which was at 100% at 6:30am is at 50-60%. This is really unusual
* My internet / google search - you type into google what you want, click search and then - - - - nothing - - -- the search words stay there, no indication it as done anything or registered the touch of the search
* Battery saver option has disappeared - I used this frequently, especially when I knew I wouldn't be near a charge for some time - this option has completely disappeared from my drag down options at the top of the phone
* Lagging - I touch on an app, nothing happens - this will go on for some time and eventually it may work, otherwise I give up and move on with my life lol!
* I swipe across to move between screens on my homescreen but instead of going left or right, it comes up with a search box and a list of my frequently used apps
I am sure there are other things that I have ignored but these are the things that happen often enough for me to try find a solution through this forum. I really really want to avoid a factory reset if I can. Thanks so much in advance for any help!
It is possible that your S8 with a recent update is chewing more battery but the fact that settings "have disappeared", your best bet sadly will be a factory reset. It's going to suck yes, but it will make sure that during the upgrade of the software there wasn't a bug that got caught behind.