Searching...

Mobile

Samsung S7 temporarily connecting to Optus then disconnecting often

Joelypoley

Hey there

I'm having troubles with my Optis pre paid sim on a Samsung s7. I can not get a stable connection  for more than 5 minutes before being disconnected for several hours. I've replaced the sim so see if that was the issue and still doesn't work.

I've factory reset both the network and the phone.

I read that it could be on Optus's end, so I'm asking for my service to be reviewed.

Thank you,

Joel

Re: Samsung S7 temporarily connecting to Optus then disconnecting often

petergdownload

Find a friend with Telstra and stick their SIM into your phone. See if the issue goes away.

It seems most likely an issue with the phone itself IMO

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Re: Samsung S7 temporarily connecting to Optus then disconnecting often

Tano

Hey @Joelypoley, I'd recommend @petergdownload's suggestion, as this would further isolate the cause and determine whether it's an issue with the phone itself, or the Optus network. Would also recommend checking out our Network Coverage page to see what the serviceability is like for your location. Let us know how you go!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
58 Kudos
44 Kudos