cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Holly123
Occasional Contributor

Samsung S7 mobile problems

My Samsung S7 has just started to crackle when I try and charge it, this is scaring me, also I get no notifications,then receive about 7 at once, my text messages are delayed sometimes by a day, my phone is only about 6 months old and on a plan.Help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung S7 mobile problems

http://fortune.com/2016/11/16/samsung-smartphone-explodes/

Yeah, you may have proactively figured out that the battery is about to explode. Check for heat as it charges. Optus probably wont do anything until you get blown up.

One thing I can suggest, is to hasten the process a few times by discharing it using a game that keeps the phone on, like Auralux or Smash Hit, then charge it up again. Meanwhile keep the phone in a steel bucket.

Try Optus chat and see if it rings any alarm bells for them.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Samsung S7 mobile problems

Hey @Holly123, apologies for the inconvenience caused. All our contracted handsets are covered under warranty for the term of the contract. Please take your handset to the nearest Optus store and we'll send it for assessment and repair if required.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors