Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
droodle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G DUAL ESIM - Issue

Has anyone sucessfully setup an ESIM for the samsung s21 ultra 5G? 

I have tried downloading 2 x esims via the myoptus app i get an error both times and then the physical sim is instantly disconnected cutting me off !

it seems other have had issues too :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-s21-ultra-5g-dual-esim/td-p/3220116

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Samsung S21 Ultra 5G DUAL ESIM - Issue

Hi @droodle, thanks for getting in touch with us. What kind of error message are you receiving? 

If you haven't already, we recommend following the instructions listed on our guide 'A guide to eSIM'

If you still need a hand,  please message us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

droodle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The message states:
*sorry were unable to to setup your eSIM at this time due to a system error Please message us and well get it sorted ?*

I have been talking support for over 2hrs with this today.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for getting back to us with an update, @droodle

If you still need a hand, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

tmb012003
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same issue, but not with the ultra, just the regular s21.

Been told to go into a store, which is not handy to me as I am working and it is hard to get to a store. 

Cannot use my old sim card.

Incredibly frustrating!!

0 Kudos
droodle
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep .. as soon as you download the esim ...your physical Sim will de-activate .. cutting you off.
Got it sorted eventually today by going into store and scanning a QR code but a Royal pain in the arse.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @tmb012003, as @droodle mentioned, I recommend going in store to get this eSIM issue sorted. If you're unable to visit an Optus Store, I recommend sending our Technical teams a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page to discuss this further. 

tmb012003
New Contributor
New Contributor

A massive pain in the arse. I have lost money as I cannot pick up shifts without a phone. The QR code should be included in the package with the phone, not this bullcrap!
0 Kudos
tmb012003
New Contributor
New Contributor

Does not help messaging. They tell you to go to a store. Why can't things be simple? As technology improves, the dramas are increased 🤦‍♀️
0 Kudos