Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Samsung S10+

Hi everyone

I have a Samsung S10+ which I have had since December.  I spent a fortune on a decent cover and screen protector and noticed that the screen is cracked.  I have never dropped it and believe that is has cracked under heat.  Has anyone else had this issue please?  Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung S10+

I have not seen any posts on this but that's not to say it hasn't happened. Maybe you would be better off posting on the Samsung forum.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/S10-screen-cracked-on-its-own/td-p/987734 

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Samsung S10+

Its not a significant wider issue for Samsung phones but screens do sometimes mysteriously crack. You don't need to drop it though, just a little flex if you say sit down with it in your pocket can put the corners under stress and a crack to develop.

In theory you should be able to get the screen replaced by Optus or Samsung. Your consumer rights do protect you from product defects causing issues. In practice I suspect Optus and Samsung will heavily resist replacing a cracked screen and its a hard one to prove its from material defect and not your actions.

You may have to swallow this one. Sorry.