Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Samsung S10 5G

sabloke

When is Optus going to offer the Samsung S10 5g? Telstra starts next week! Do I have to switch to get the S10 version I want?

Solution

Re: Samsung S10 5G

Paddylee

Telstra has the exclusive agreement with Samsung for that model for several months. 

Until then other Telcos dont have access to it. 

Optus have not announced pricing for 5g phone plans - they will be launching with an Oppo 5g phone.

Judging by the very tiny coverage area you wont be missing out. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

sabloke

I don't really care about the 5G network right now. The S10 5G has a larger screen, better cameras and the new generation RAM and ROM access. What's not to like? Looks like telstra will have exclusivity for 3 months so... weighing my options. 

Paddylee

Samsung had to make it larger due to the seperate 5g radio chip a d increased drain on battery. So while the screen us slightly bigger it keeps the same resolution but drops the pixel per inch count. 

Processor is the same between the 5g model and s10+, ram will therefore be the same spec (if you got the 1tb storage s10+ it has 12gb ram vs the s10+ lower storage models and s10 5g with 8gb)

No micro sd support for s10 5g so if you had one to use you could not use it. 

What ever floats your boat I guess

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos