Mobile

Accepted Solution

*Samsung Galaxy Watch*

nibu

SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH ANY CHANCE TO BUY FROM OPTUS  BEFORE XMAS THANKS

Re: *Samsung Galaxy Watch*

SamSam

Nope, they don't sell it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Paddylee

Depends if your naughty or nice?

18 more sleeps till Christmas, perhaps a Christmas miracle? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

Manya70

Yes, Optus at World Square in Sydney have it Interest Free for 24 months for anyone on Post Paid Plans I beleive..

Paddylee

Optus has the Apple watch you can add to mobile data plans, nit seen any mention of the samsung watch at all. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Timeband

If optus have close an exclusive deal with the fruit then is that something for the competition watchdog? Or the ombudsman?

Paddylee

There is NO exclusive "with the fruit" aka Apple.

Optus and the other 2 major telcos have offered Apple Watches for several generations of Apple Watch.

If a company only wishes to have 1 seller in the coutry then thats up to them.

E.G. Google Pixel 1 & 2 was Telstra only.  From Pixel 3 onwards other Telcos could offer it.

Timeband

When then, fir the Android watch.?

Paddylee

As soon as optus lists it on their website.

No date has been provided.

Timeband

I think this needs to be broken down a bit. What are the facts. So anyone can buy any anroid watch that takes a SIM and get a deal with any telco. There is a deal with OPTUS and Telstra for $5month to add a smart watch to the existing postpaid phone number. So far it seems telstra do SAMSUNG and Apple, and Optus only do apple. So a question is why. So it seems one explanation is that SAMSUNG are not wanting to sell their smartwatch through OPTUS... yet. So the gripe might then be with SAMSUNG and not OPTUS.

SO another option for OPTUS would be to offer the $5 deal to any Android watch through a SIM card. Or to offer the $5 deal with a SAMSUNG purchased anywhere. That way samsung sell watches and OPTUS sell connections. IS there a technical problem with this?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
73 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos