Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Samsung Galaxy S10 Still waiting on delivery of phone!

witsend

Still waiting on delivery of my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone which was pre-ordered with the bonus ear buds.  Told my Optus Sales I would receive last Monday 11th March.  Order Number received by email on date of order and tracking only led me to post on Optus website re: backorder/raincheck of an IPHONE, no mention of the Samsung Galaxy S10!  Numerous phone calls to Optus I've been advised Optus has NO stock of the new Samsung Galaxy S10 and waiting on delivery from Samsung.  BUT Optus cannot provide me with a date Optus expect to receive a delivery from Samsung.  First actual update I received from Optus was yesterday early afternoon when I received an email from Optus saying my phone has LEFT THE OPTUS WAREHOUSE.  Have tried tracking but just get the same message as before re: raincheck.  I received a text msg same day late yesterday afternoon advising that Optus Warehouse had received MY ORDER and was processing and would keep me updated re delivery.  NOTHING SINCE! And, when I try to track my order it's still showing message and link to the Iphone re: raincheck.  I feel this is very poor service from Optus especially as I am an Optus Business Customer and have been with Optus for many, many years.  Is anyone else having these same issues?  Tnx.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 Still waiting on delivery of phone!

nathanjp24

Exact same thing that happened with me, was told optus are omly getting more stock on the 26th of March.

Have you recieved your phone yet?

witsend

Hi Nathanjp24,

At least Optus has given you a date.  I couldn't even get that information from Optus.  And, when I called Samsung, they advised the phone was in stock, but that's all they could tell me.  Approx. 10 minutes after I post my msg on Optus Crowd I received a text message to say the phone was being delivered same day and was with a Star Track courier. I used the link sent to my phone which confirmed this.  Thankfully the Galaxy S10 arrived yesterday afternoon around 3:30pm.  

I'm sorry to hear you will have to wait so long for your phone. Not sure about your experience, however I have found it extremely frustrating in that when I re-contracted and ordered the new Samsung S10 phone in pre-launch period to be told the phone will be sent out on 8th March for delivery to me the following Monday 11/3.  But every time I attempted to track the phone there was no sign of it being sent and all I saw each time was the link to the IPHONE! raincheck/backorder message.  Surely Optus being a professional company could update their links to reflect the actual phone you have ordered AND keep customers better informed.  I did ALL the contacting.  And, if a phone ends up being out of stock, those Optus customers who have placed orders should be contacted and provided with an update and kept informed.  All it needs is a simple text message.  This is where Optus needs to improve their customer service.    

I really hope you get better news and receive your phone earlier than the date you are being given now.

Dread

Same here....... Ordered 27 Feb, not delivered in the 5-9 days, then reordered, promised 1-5 days passed a week ago.... S9's were delivered early last year - whats going on this time around ??????

Dread

So are they out of stick and just giving lip service until the 26th March??????

Annonymous

I pre-ordered on 7th March and called their customer service number and was curtly told to go and buy at Harvey Norman and he will graciously cancel the pre order. I tried to query him on 1 to 5 business days for delivery, he just hung up on me.

CraigP

I preordered 6 March, now 10 days later no communication from Optus & no 10e. Contacted them just now & the delay is because the Buds are our of stock & they can’t ship the phone without the buds. No idea when stock is coming. Am sitting here with my failing iPhone as a disgruntled life time Telstra customer who was excited about a shift to Samsung & Optus. As a small business I can’t wait with crappy phone & reception. Given the feedback from others here I’m going to cancel now & look for another solution. 

witsend

I dont understand why Optus can't arrange with Samsung to provide a redemption certificate for the earbuds for the Galaxy phone pre-orders if they are out of stock of phones with the ear buds included, so Optus customers can receive their new Samsung Galaxy phones.  Keep calling Optus and maybe make this suggestion to them.  Or, even give Samsung a call and make the suggestion.  It's in both Optus and Samsung's interest to keep customers happy.  Totally understand your frustration as I was also extremely frustrated and upset with Optus at their poor service and lack of information or even an update re: delivery date for the Galaxy S10.  However, I am thankful that I have received my phone.  

There must have been a huge demand for the new Samsung Galaxy Phone in the pre-order with the free ear buds offer.  This could be due to people being a little disallusioned with the Apple Iphone and changing to Samsung.  Not an excuse though. I hope you receive your new phone soon.  

witsend

Did you end up going to Harvey Norman?  Or, are you still waiting on delivery of your new Galaxy S10 from Optus?

CraigP

Yes witsend if I preordered through Samsung I would have got the certificate so I agree Optus could have offered the same. But all I’ve got from Optus is silence until I chase them then I get an apology & more silence. “we’re sorry but we can’t tell you any more about your order”

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos