cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor ubaid88
New Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

So incentive for ex-note 7 customers? like they are in doing in USA 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor The_Dr
Occasional Contributor

Terrible Service.............. Period.

Long Term 10yrs Business customer went into store explained Note 8 was available

After checking wanted just over $700 to finish contract for each phn upgrade askewed by note 7 tsf

Store said to talk with business and believed SOMETHING could be done.

Called Optus business from store explained to JERRI at Optus business purchased multiple note 7s when originally annouced Aug/Sept

Recall was in OCT. When they did tsf of contracts for note 7 all new phn contracts start from october and not backdated.

Jerri said would have to wait minimum of 10 business days for answer which takes out of launch period. When I said sorry not good enough please put me on to supervisor was told none available ...this is at peak afternoon 3-4pm at the time on a friday afternoon. When pressed for supervisor as was getting nowhere told I could wait an hour to speak. When I said was terrible customer service so I might as well go too another carrier and take my business of 10yrs with me. Did not care was my perogative

I said would go to onbudsman as werent oferring any help said also my perogative said would get onbudsmans number for me and promptly hung up on me. Store staff were in shock she hung up

Right now am furious why should I stay with this company?.................

So remember if they screwed you on the recall, they dont care and want $700 for each contract redone BEFORE you can upgrade

Occasional Contributor kassiehorton
Occasional Contributor

Ive just spent the majority of my day trying to pre order the Galaxy Note 8 after being a victim of the Galaxy Note 7 disaster & Optus will not budge. Ive been in store, called & spoken to customer care & sales twice (i was also told a supervisor was unavailable), used live chat & spoken with Optus financial services & they all tell me i have to wait until my contract is complete in October 2018 or pay the $700 early upgrade fee. They all said they will in no uncertain circumstances be offering any kind of discount (to Galaxy Note 7 owners or otherwise) for early upgrade. I am happy to pay for an early upgrade but $700 is an absolute joke when you consider the fact that id be upgrading for only $99 had they not made me sign a whole new contract in October. Ive been with Optus for 15yrs & they have never been unreasonable but the customer service i have recieved today is just disgraceful. So to anyone hoping Optus might cut you a deal, dont bother, they wont. I even tried asking them to apply a $5 credit to my account if i upgrade today & was told no, $5 freaking dollars!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kallan
New Contributor

Ive done the same thing as above i was in contact with them nearly all day and i agree the service was appauling. Why should we have to pay 700 to upgrade. If i knew this would happen i woyldbt have chanhed to the s7 i would of jusy canceled im furious. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but what a bunch of entitlement. Optus was also hit by the Samsung power fault. IMO both companies responded quickly and well to the issue. All Note 7 owners were given the option to get a full refund, cancel their contract or recontract to another handset. Those that opted to recontract were given $250 discounts at the time. Everyone made whatever choice suited them.

Why should Optus now pay $100s of dollars more to subsidise people wanting another brand new phone after 10 months?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Peter Gillespie, i know myself that i had already recycled my previous phone (a Galaxy Note 4) when the Note 7 recall occured, so for myself, i had no other option than to downgrade to a Galaxy S7 & i would not have done this had i had another option. Was i suppose to go without a phone for 10 months? The biggest issue here is that Optus couldve backdated the contracts & if they did, all of the previous Galaxy Note 7 owners would have been able to use Optus' New Phone Trade Up option & upgrade to the Galaxy Note 8 & pay the $99 fee, nobody wouldve been complaining & it would not have costed Optus nor Samsung any extra. As for the $250 credit you mentioned, that covered the bills we were charged while we had no phones (i dont know about anyone else but i wasnt even able to get a loan phone as they had none). Bottom line is, if we have to pay the full $700 to upgrade, maybe we should just cancel our contracts & take our business to another telco, you know, since Optus is not enticing us or offering any incentive to stay.

New Contributor Kallan
New Contributor

Can i just say i didnt get any type of credit. And i was in the same boat i had no other phone to use. I would be happy to do the $99 upgrade but that isn't allowed which is a load of rubbish.  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I too would be thrilled to do the $99 trade up & i still dont understand why we even had to sign a new contract. They should have just done a straight swap of the handset for anyone downgrading to the Galaxy S7.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There we're several options (Including complete money back).

Technically the phone and the phone service are two differnt things. So Optus was providing a phone service even though your phone was not operational (same as if you dropped you phone today - would you expect Optus to not charge you a contracted monthly fee while you got it fixed?)

The new phone trade up is still in effect I believe (I could be wrong on that?). Its just that some might have to wait a couple of months more to take advantage of it now. Meanwhile every one effected has a phone that's likely less than a year old. 

Bottom line is Optus is asking for $700 to upgrade. Others are asking to do it for $99. That seems to be a $601 cost to Optus as an 'incentive' (and then plus the $250 many opted for).

Doesn't matter to me where people buy their phones. I'm just suggesting that in the scheme of things, a 'disaster' hit and the companies involved have all done a great job of owning it and trying to minimise the impact on their customers. If I was looking to buy a new phone one factor I'd consider is how well I was looked after when things went bad. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

You right & wrong at the same time. Yes the phone & the phone service are two different things but all products sold within Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law & by selling the phone, Optus agrees to take responsibility if that phone is faulty. That phone was faulty & im not saying that Optus or Samsung handled the situation poorly in the moment, but we all settled on an inferior device & now feel like were being screwed sideways for being loyal Optus & Samsung customers. By the way, your nuts if you think for even a second that Optus was out of pocket at all for the recall, Samsung purchased all the old handsets back & the $250 credit was not credited by Optus either, Samsung footed the bill for that too, as compensation to their customers, but that money only paid the bills that we incurred while we didnt have any phone to use. You cant put that into the same category as me dropping my own phone & smashing it... seriously?

Top Contributors