Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Shonnie

I know it's only just been unveiled. But when will Optus be opening pre orders for the galaxy note 8

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

petergdownload

$1500 for a phone? Wow Smiley Surprised Seems you get one free cracked screen though if you pre-order.

I don't know any more than you but I'd be surprised if it wasn't today or tomorrow. Optus is a partner with Samsung and no doubt has been preparing for this launch for a while. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

SamSam

I'd say the first place that will be updated will be their website so I'd be refreshing that if I were you

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Danzemon

I too am keen for this and I am also wanting to know what kind of upgrade plan (if any) for people such as myself who used to own a galaxy Note 7 and had to turn it in.

Kallan

I am wanting to know the same thing in regards to upgrades after note 7. I hate my s7 but don't really want to pay like $300 to upgrade. Fingers crossed they work something out

Rockdad83

I agree with the above. In the US they are offering just over 400 credit for ex note 7 owners towards upgrading. I don't like my s7edge and never have but didn't really have a choice in downgrading to it. Hopefully optus can shed some light on this in the coming month when most of us have had our replacement phones for a year. 

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Ahh. So that explains the high price tag. There didn't seem to be anything in the Note that justified a 50% price hike over other flagship phone. But if you're intending to give last years customers a $400 discount then I imagine it goes something like this:

1. Produce $1000 phone

2. Set Day One RRP at $1400

3. Offer all existing customers $400 discount.

4. Existing customers all feel looked after

5. After one month drop RRP to $1000

6. New customers now interested.

Well fingers crossed the discount is available. I realise for $1000 its a damn good phone for many people.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Manya70

I was told by Optus yesterday, that they will have Plan info and pricing on the new Note 8 sometime today. Lets see if that eventuates...

Kallan

So its up on the site. Tries doing the chat and they want to charge me $700 and something to upgrade. About to give them a call. Terrible serive online

petergdownload

So realistically, most people would go for the $110 per month deal (30Gb of data)? Interesting to see a 100Gb plan.Smiley Surprised

Pre-ordering gets you a wireless charger it seems.

Out of interest what's the situation with those who 'handed in' there previous phone? Have you been without a phone for 6 months? Did you just get a full refund? Wouldn't most peopple now already have another phone? Are you looking to upgrade that phone early via optus?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
35 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos