cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

No question that you should be credited the amount charged for the device as you didn't have the handset for a month. Please let me know how you go speaking to billing.

@Dolgogi 

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@AlistarSI think it's because my contract was dated from the day I placed my pre-order.

I've sent them a query about it, the response was:

"I can see that you placed the order by 8/08/2019.

I can see that you are not charged for the device in your previous bill hence you are charged for the device twice in the current bill.

However it will reduce the number of  installments for the device. More there is 22 installments left out for the device."

Edit: I'm happy to leave it as is, since my contract was back dated to the pre-order date, It means I'll be at the 12 month mark, before the next model is announced next year, should I choose to upgrade again.

Contributor Two-Dogs
Contributor

So i went and bought the Active2 today. Happy with it so far. I tried to claim the free Samsung buds but there are problems with there online form you have to fill out. Apparently i have to call or email them and theres quite a long delay apparently haha.

Just FYI incase anyone else plans on claiming them 

Contributor Josh76
Contributor

@Two-DogsIt seems to be fixed now. Just successfully claimed the redemption as the address search function is now linking to address databases.

Capture.JPG

Contributor Redizon
Contributor

@Dolgogi @AlistarS 
I was given a run around by 3 agents over this before I finally talked to a 4th that didn't really help any better but at least I got 25gb extra for 2 months..

I still fail to see anywhere that handset repayments start from the order date and not the date you receive the phone but 24 repayments are 24 repayments at the end of the day I guess.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Redizon yeah, you can see from the small part of my convo, that I wasn't getting anywhere either.
The rest of it was basically the same.
They just didn't seem to want to know, and didn't want to do anything.

So I just decided to look at it as an extra handset payment out of the way.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Providing that you're not having to pay for a month of handset repayment when you didn't have the handset then that's fine. 

How is everyone finding the Galaxy Note 10+ after a few weeks? 

@Dolgogi @Two-Dogs @Redizon @bretthood @kirst-mc 

Contributor Redizon
Contributor

@AlistarS 

That's precisely what the problem was though. I was charged a handset repayment for 9th August and 9th September and we didn't get the devices until the 20th September. (Screenshot below from one of my earlier posts)

Billing were adamant that because the 9th August is when the order was processed that's when the repayments start from. I don't think they entirely grasped the idea that it was a pre-order. At this point I'm just over trying to explain it to them and just accepted it.

I'm more annoyed at the fact that my plan also got updated to have a bonus 20gb for 24 months (also before I had received delivery of the phone) and I wasn't allowed to "upgrade" to have it.

As for the phone itself, it's great, everything I expected out of it and more. Loving the screen and Samsung DeX as well as the hefty storage.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Generally you can't be charged for payments for something that you can't use. So you definitely shouldn't have got any charges for the monthly data before activation. However as the handset payments are non optional and unavoidable I suppose there's no harm in starting to pay them off early.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

For those of you who were waiting for the Samsung 45w super fast charger, you may have noticed that they're now available for $69 online via the Samsung store.

This morning I decided to check out the Samsung store in Sydney, since I was there anyway. I ended walking out with the 45w charger for $49.

Now I don't know if the staff didn't care, or didn't check, but he charged me, based on the receipt, for the 25w charger.

When he told me $49, I told him I thought they were $69, and he said they must be on sale. I seriously doubt that, since he didn't bother to check the item nor did he ask for my info (I'm registered on their system).

Anyway, for anyone else that wanted this, and can get to a Samsung store, try your luck!!

Side note, the packaging is different to what you may have seen in unboxing videos and Australia only has them in white, at the moment.

20191020_112525.jpg

Top Contributors