Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

<flame proof suit>

Though its not like the date was hidden on the pre order page.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This is true.

If you read through the thread though, you can see that people thought the 5G variant was getting a delayed release through all resellers, which is clearly not the case at all.

Further, the frustrating thing about it is the weak excuse given for the delay, which I feel is more a lie than and excuse.

Telco's do not announce products for sale or pre order when they haven't been previously tested and found to comply with the network/service it is scheduled to be used on.

0 Kudos
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

I had the solutions team tell me today that the other providers wont release there 5G handsets until 20th Sept also and this is not an Optus thing. I advised the rep that Telstra and Samung retail are releasing this week. He assured me this is not the case...

I had sales tell me that the 5G handset would be released on the 23rd with the normal Note 10 plus. Unfortunatley Telstra is now on back order for the 5G variant or i would have cancelled both these orders today. If it turns out only Optus is waiting I will definetley shop around for the next upgrade because I dont preorder to wait a month from release date.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

So 2 different sources from Optus are telling customers different stories?

Awesome.

Samsung's online pre-order clearly stated the 5G variant will start shipping from the 23/8.

They are now sold out.

JB Hi-fi have now updated their site to show that pre-orders made from today, "may" not ship until late September, however, they originally advertised early pre-orders shipping from the 23/8.

MobileCiti has removed the 5G variant from Pre-order.

Harley Normal doesn't state anything about delays for orders on their site.

Hel$tra: I still see pre-order of the Aura Black 5G variant for delivery on the 23/8.

Aura Glow is out of stock

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Actually, JB Hi-fi is still showing the Aura Black 5G variant for delivery on the 23/8. They only noted a delay for the Aura Glow 5G model.

0 Kudos
New Contributor MuhammadFarhan
New Contributor

Optus, if you are listening, please ship 5g before 20th sept, preferrably 23-24 august. We promise we won't complain about 5g being not available for a whole month. 

Sorry, but it's common sense. What's the point of pre-order? By the time we receive the phone (20th sept), the plans at major telcos will settle down anyways, meaning we can get cheaper deals since the PRE-ORDER HYPE will be over.

Product team needs to sit down and re-consider their decision. 

A kind request.

Contributor Josh76
Contributor

So do actual Optus reps get involved in here or do they expect their customers to just be disgruntuled between each other until it subsides.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Only the 3 "community managers" that I can see in this thread.

These days, it seems Optus will tell you anything to stop you asking too many questions.

Then when you keep asking, your get the silent treatment.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Actually feel for the community managers as they are left to clean up the crappy decisions made by optus. Feel for you guys but I didn't pre order a phone to receive it a month after users on other networks. This is simply unfair 

New Contributor MuhammadFarhan
New Contributor

If I receive an email saying that my note5g is dispatched on 23rd August (chances of that is like winning the lottery) but I will definitely be optus's loyal customer forever because that means they listen to their customers.

Ever heard of Voice of Customers (VOC) program Optus?

Dreams dreams dreams...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors