Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Jaffa323
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Hi Everyone, 

i have been following along and I’m in the same boat waiting for the 1st pre order .....wish Optus would just give in like with the note 8, they actually shipped before the date..... 

hopefully we we get our phones before we get to page 22.... but I doubt it ....stay strong fellow Samsung lovers!

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Welcome to page 21 fam! 😁

@Josh76  I know what you mean.

Samsung has released an initial batch of the Galaxy Fold 5G in Korea, with mass availability on the 16th September.

They will also release the Galaxy A90 5G late September.

On top of that, they've just announced a variant of the Note10/Note10+ called the Klayton Phone, which is basically a note10/10+ geared towards Krypto Currency.

And yet, we are still wating for a phone others have had for close to a month, by the time @Optus graciously sends us our orders.

Oh, and let's not forget Apple will announce their new iPhones at 3am (Sydney time) tomorrow morning.

I wonder if they will be available before we get our Note10+ 5G

🤔

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome aboard @Jaffa323 

Hi everyone else 👋 Another day closer it seems. And the beginning of another page that @Optus will  ignore 👍

As a side note, when I signed in it flagged me to give my opinion....really? Surely you jest Optus. Besides it's not like my or anyone's feedback matters 

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

So, the telco's haven't updated their web sites at the time I post this, but Apple has.

Pre-order starts Friday night on 13/9, with shipping starting on the 20/9.

Will this cause further delay for us @Optus ??

Contributor Two-Dogs
Contributor

I just saw that Telstra are charging customers an extra $15 on top of there plan if they want to continue using 5g after June next year 😂😂

Kinda glad I didn't jump ship to them. Not long now anyway 🤞

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

But that's only on their low & mid range plans, as a trial.

It's standard in the high end plans.

We still don't know what Optus is actually doing with it's 5G plans.

If Optus follows that, then how many peeved customers will there be, who chose low/mid plans when they pre-ordered.

Edit:

Just noticed Optus is busy testing software updates for the Galaxy Fold.

Strange, since they haven't announced that they will carry it.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I'd agree with @Dolgogi that most people interested in getting 5G now would be on higher plans (which include 5G for free). I do think Telstra has handled the initiual 5G rollout well - sating public curiousity, drawing in early adopters and confident enough to sell a nascent service knowing the punters realise its not the finished product - and you can't argue with free.  

It will be interesting to see how pricing is structured going forward. I guess we find out all WRT Optus soonish but I can't see them exceeding Telstra's pricing which means they might go for a similar $10 (ish) bolt on option that as usual provides more data than Telstra. Just a guess. 

Peter Gillespie

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I will be peeved if I've waited this long for a phone based on their 5g readiness and then they change my contract terms down the track to make me pay beyond my contract pricing. 🤐 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

New IPhone available from 20th of September. I wonder how many of these customers will have their phones before us. I swear if ours are not dispatched straight away though 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also welcome to the fam @Jaffa323 and also to the rank of contributor for @Josh76 

Top Contributors