cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

I also stupidly committed thinking there was a Samsung delay on the 5g.... Why the delay Optus ?  Loyal customers have to wait an extra month for what reason? 

New Contributor Memee
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey everyone, sorry about the delay getting back to you all, I raised this earlier to the product team but hadn't heard back until now.  This is the latest update I have.

We want to ensure that when you receive your Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G, it’s capable of working on our 5G network as it rolls out. Given this, we will commence deliveries of this device from the 20th September 2019.

0 Kudos
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

I would be happier to have my phone at release date (why I preorder) working purely on your 4G network rather than a month after release working 99% of the time on your 4G network. From the 20th September Optus 5G will not be covering me or most Optus customers throughout their day. That is a poor explination from the product team in my opinion even if they were offering 90% population with 5G as of the 20th September.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I was told this, eventually, by Optus via twitter.

Problem is, this is a rubbish reason.

Optus, like other telco's here and OS, would have had access to engineering samples, if not final versions for network testing, for several months already.

Further, Optus could have been also testing the network with the Galaxy S10 5G for a while, and I believe it uses the same Exynos 5100 modem.

Does Optus really think their customers are stupid?

What telco announces a pre-order for a product they haven't tested on their network?

Customers who have chosen to order the 5G variant, should not be made to wait.

Just ship them the same day as the 4G model is shipped.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That is a less than satisfactory explanation from Optus  given the Optus 5g network areas in South Australia are minimal. Just another case of loyal Note users getting screwed by optus. I'm sure I am not alone when I say I keep giving Optus another chance to get it right and it's more of the same.  Disappointed is an understatement. 

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

AlistarS,

Please inform the product team that their "excuse" is not acceptable, and that the Optus customers would like their orders shipped at the same time as those who ordered the 4G variant.

I admit that this is unlikely to change things, but Optus and the product team, need to know that they've peeved their customers.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Have to agree (How does Optus keep turning great news into a public relations mess?). Generally the only reason someone "pre-orders" something is to ensure they can have first access to it? 

Surely Optus customers can be told they can have the phone but the Optus 5G plans won't be available for another month or two afterwards? Most 5G phones are largely running 4G anyway at the moment (with some in 5G areas already reporting the 5G battery drain (on any phones) is too much for the little 5G they get and disabling it altogether)

Peter Gillespie

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Correct, and there was a recent article on AusDroid about that

The same thing happened with the 4G rollout, way back when, which they also noted in their article.

Savvy users shouldn't have a problem with this, as they would know to change the network settings, and run in 3G/4G mode.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Owners manual, for those wanting a read while we wait 😞

https://www.sammobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/SM-N97X_UM_EU_Pie_Eng_Rev.1.0_190812.pdf

0 Kudos
Top Contributors