cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 4G/5G models are available now.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 4G model will launch on the 23rd August 2019
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G model will launch on the 20th Septmber 2019

Gift with purchase

Customers who pre-order before the 22nd of August will recieve a bonus pair of AKG Wireless Headphones (valued at $499)

akg order.PNG

Edit: The Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 4G & 5G is now available to order.

For device specs, how to instructions & troubleshooting guides, check out our device guides:

Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G

Samsung Galaxy Note10

0 Kudos
753 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Total Min Cost $3000 (assuming 80Gb is the plan of choice) Smiley Surprised

The 5G model only costs $240 more (and comes with double the space) so probably will be the one to get.

Leaving aside the 5G capability (more of a funky feature than of much practical use over the next 24 months IMO) it seems hard to recommend over the almost equally excellent Note 9. But its quality hardware and no doubt will sell like hotcakes.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor hellgater
New Contributor

can i pre-order in optus store by new phone trade up?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey HellGater,

I can find out but in the meantime you can give your local Optus store a buzz and they'll let you know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Why are Optus customers, who pre-order the Note10+ 5G, being forced to wait until September 20th for delivery of their phone?

Lookingound at stores selling that model, there appears to be no delay, with shipping for the 5G variant starting August 22/23.

If Optus is opening their Mobile 5G network around September 20, great, but why make customers wait?

Why can't they have their order shipped to them from the 22/23 August?

Also, will the AKG bonus headphones ship from Optus with the phone?

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Because making a customer wait (30 days) creates a sensation of exclusivity and restraint and desire. 

Also because some other carrier probably paid millions for the exclusive rights to the 5G phone for a month.

FWIW 5G is unlikely to be of much effective use for another 2+ years in Australia. Existing 4G+ networks will likely be faster .

Yes Optus will ship the headphones to you.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Actually, I was referring to retailers, even Samsung themselves, who will ship the 5G model on the 22/23 August.

I don't believe the Note10+ 5G is exclusive to that other telco, like the S10 5G was/is.

I'm aware we have a long way to go with 5G in Australia, I guess I'm an early adopter when it comes to tech.

I also chose this model for my trips to Korea, which also use 5G band N78.

Thanks for the response though.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You got me. I actually have no idea why the delay in the 5G model launch and so my responce should perhaps be completely stricken. 

My only subsequent thought is that perhaps Optus are actually holding off on the 5G network launch until closer to that date (Sept 20) and want to have a combined promotion etc. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that being the reason, though I still think it stinks.

If indeed that is the reason, then they should throw something extra in, since they're the reason for the customers delay.

Thanks for the info about the headset though, I wasn't sure if we'd have to redeem it through Samsung.

Contributor Josh76
Contributor

Thats great I paid for the more expensive phone X 2 and for that I get to wait at the back of the line. I originally thought that Samsung was releasing the 5G model later and accepted that. Today I also realised the 5G purchasers accros the board get it on or around 23/08. Just Optus customers are 2nd class. 

Top Contributors