cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Redizon
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Nice, I might pick one up soon then. I'm geekishly excited to see my power meter showing 45w flowing into the phone haha
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I can't quite work out what's happened here. 

Perhaps they are selling it at a promotional  price?

The 25w charger that comes with the phone is model EP-TA800XWEGAU.

The invoice however shows EP-TA300CWEGAU, which I think is the usb-a to usb-c 25w charger. 

Regardless, I saved $20 and I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

25w brick that comes with the phone, vs 45w brick.

Standard USB-C cable that comes with the phone (black), vs the USB-C cable that comes with the 45w charger (white)

20191020_165500.jpg20191020_165515.jpg

The 45w charger has some weight to it.

Doubles as a weapon I guess. 

Contributor Lifestealer
Contributor

I hear that the 45watt charge rate is almost the same as the 25watt charger.
Is that 45watt charger gives a big burst of charging but later slows down around 70-80% wrapping it around the same duration for a full charge with the 25 watt charger
Contributor Lifestealer
Contributor

Let us know how it compares for you @Dolgogi
Contributor Two-Dogs
Contributor

Well ive been on the optus chat this evening and Ive had a chat about the 2 handset payments. They tried telling me it was due to a handset payment for my old phone (?). After going back and forth for a bit and explaining the two payments were for the Note, they saw the error and agreed to wave the extra handset payment. Not that it mattered too much i guess as it works out to be the same ammount of payments but it saves me some coin this month lol

Contributor Redizon
Contributor

Glad at least one of us got it through their thick heads. Good job @Two-Dogs 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@AlistarS love,love,love.... Besides the missing notification led this phone is amazing. Still to run into any 5G patches though 😂

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@AlistarS I am still in love with this new phone.

It is smooth to use, I love the camera, the screen, the quality of the picture, the feel of the phone and think it would be amazing with Android 10 lol.

Can't wait to get the 45w charger sorted out as well.

Like @kirst-mc I am yet to run into a 5G patch but I am patient hehe

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Regarding thr 45w Super Fast Charger,

I think it will be useful for some, but not all.

There's numerous videos about the charging speed for it, but many are dodgy at best.

I've seen what looks like the wrong cable being used, another that I can only assume the person has turned off or not enabled 'wired fast charging' in the settings, and yet others where the YouTuber keeps unlocking/using the phone while doing the charge speed test.

For those that don't know, Samsung disables fast charging when the phone is being used, to reduced heat build-up etc.

As such, I'd suggest watching the video Flossy Carter put out with this charger.

Has has 2 Note10+ phones, one using the 25w and the other on 45w, and both phones are turned off and shut down, with the test being run from 0% battery.

https://youtu.be/jDBFcGJZQfQ

For me personally, I'm happy I bought it, especially since I got it for $49, and I was wanting a 2nd charger anyway.

So, did everyone else get their 2 firmware updates this week?

The update from today is to fix the critical bug with the fingerprint scanner, and some other enhancements.

Top Contributors