Ask a Question
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

I feel at this point in the saga even -1000 is still too high

Contributor projekt
Contributor

We could look at it this way, if they are confident of having stock to sell on the 20th, then perhaps they have enough stock to fill all the preorders too?  I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy 🙂

Contributor Jaffa323
Contributor

Just spoke with live chat,  what a waste of time! I asked if delivery was to start from Friday, should we start getting updates on our tracking soon as it should take some days to ship. Only to be told we can not tell until Friday.
so I asked would that not suggest that it is shipping from Friday and not delivery. The c/s lady then went to the well if you are in the first consignment then it will be delivered starting from Friday. So like others I ordered at 9.20am on the 8th August, does that not put me in the 1st consignment, which then started back in circles.....the lady dodged more bullets then Neo in the Matrix 

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Optus @AlistarS I would like a clear answer to the following please:

If I cancel my pre-order, will my credit rating with Optus be negatively affected?

Why will stores have stock on Friday for new sign-ups, but those who pre-ordered seem to be looking at next week for our deliveries?

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Pre-Ordering doesn't necessarily mean exclusive. The reward for locking yourself in early in this case was the bonus headphones. Those that waited missed out on that value added. So those that get there phone on the same day as Optus general store release shouldn't have a complaint. 

But it seems very strange if people who have signed up and now have the October 4 delivery date haven't had floor stock prioritised to them. The whole things seems strange really - I'm guessing Optus are under some strict legal embargo on what stocks they got and when they can be released. 

Peter Gillespie

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@petergdownload what are you not understanding?

I, as were others, have been told to expect delivery next week.

And that's those of us who pre-ordered in the first wave.

Edit: personally I don't care for the headphones.

I pre-ordered to ensure getting one on release day, which is this Friday.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Dolgogi , Its tough keeping it all straight after 32 pages Smiley Happy.

FWIW I wouldn't put any stock in anything anyone has been 'told'. IME staff are just in the dark about specifics (like is it a shipment or delivery date etc.) and prone to make random things up (as best they can guess). 

I think though that its becoming clear that Optus are simply not allowed to provide the phones before the designated day (Friday). Maybe they don't have any in stock till then or perhaps its just a legal stipulation etc. Either way on Friday they can arrange for them to go into stores (or possibly off the shelves in the back room and onto the floor). Also they can start handing them out to couriers. Which should see them arrive maybe on Friday for some but probably Monday for others (Friday is such a dumb day to launch a delivery process)

Optus has stuck to its comitments (even down to 'starting' deliveries on Friday - which actually commits to nothing technically). I understand the long standing frustration and the eagerness to move on with the device but I wouldn't put much stock in any individual customer service comment as to what is actually going to happen next. 

Highlighted
New Contributor Mikaroons
New Contributor

Hi all, long time thread follower, first time poster...

Had a very nervous discussion with optus just now re: delivery on 20 sep for note 10 5g.

First 2 teams I spoke to said there was a problem and my order wasn't complete (status is 'submitted' on the order tracker).

The next 2 teams said my order was fine and with the warehouse but couldn't confirm if I was in the first batch. I ordered day 1.

So not at all confident with the advice. Their call centre staff just don't know what they're doing.

Funnily enough, I was told that the reason optus delayed the 5g orders was because they were moving warehouses in aug/sep. I haven't seen that excuse on this thread yet. And clearly didn't effect non-5g orders.

So, not trying to make anyone anxious but thought it would be better to share this mess of an interaction in case you wanted to check on your own orders. Will update if/when my order progresses. Good luck all!

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How Optus dispatches stock on pre-orders has had me confused in the past as well.

Last year with my Note 9, I preordered on day one like I always do and someone who preordered on the last day of the preorder period got their phone before I got mine.

Makes me cringe to think how long I might be waiting past Friday.

I know in the past @petergdownload they have released the preorders early to reward customers who did this and also was in line with another IPhone release so they wanted Samsung customers to feel special on the day. I dont see this happening this time though 😞

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome aboard @Mikaroons  🤪

Top Contributors