cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Jaffa323
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Thanks for the love fam! At least we have each other.....no love from Optus but!

Contributor projekt
Contributor

So I see all these people talking about a $200 credit.

I also note that the alleged $499 headphones are now valued around $250 (possibly usd, still much less than advertised).

So I'm thinking that $200 credit would do two things, ensure I receive a preorder bonus actually equivalent in monetary value to that which was promised in the very first post of this thread, and make me happy to be an optus customer once again.

I have been lurking on this thread since page one, and was also one of those who thought the Sept. 20 date was for all versions, not just the 5G.  I think this would be a good solution that would make us all feel better about this whole situation, and ensure the preorder bonus is still something exciting, as opposed to the potential sour taste that will be in my mouth when I see how much my "$499 headphones" are actually worth.

Im sorry if this seems ranty, It's not the spirit in which I set out when I started typing this, I am just trying to propose a course of action that will satisfy all parties here.  I have ridden the undulating waves of outrage, sadness and in turn, hope, throughout the previous 22 pages, I thought I'd chime in with my two cents.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the family @projekt  

Its just disappointing isn't it 🤐

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @projekt ,

I think I aluded to the RRP "value" a few pages back. Many websites have stopped referring to RRP as they almost cross the "misleading" line under consumer protections. RRP has for sometime simply been a sales mechanism that allows retail chains to advertise 50% OFF on day one. It used to be the RRP had some relation to the underlying value of the item in question, but perversly manufacturers probably found just boosting their RRP (a figure they could assign randomly) they made the item more desirable (everyone new they'd never buy at the RRP and who doesn't like grabbing a bargain $500 headset for only $250?)

FWIW despite this thread I don't think Optus has the slightest sense that they may "owe" customers any compensation. They're not lookin for a mutually acceptable halfway mark. If they wanted to do that the cheapest (and most effective) thing to do would be to just mail out the phones. Glad you put your thoughts in but I think people unhappy with this deal will find they get the gear as promised for the price promised when it was promised. 

Peter Gillespie

Contributor projekt
Contributor

You are undoubtably right, I just thought I'd put it out there, in the unlikely event some marketing exec is out there grasping at straws Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Welcome aboard to the fam @projekt 

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I don't think anyone should feel entitled to $200 credit or whatever.

Potentially, the only thing that could be argued for, is to be included in the new Optus/Samsung galaxy watch active promo.

I mean, Afterall, we will receive out orders and start new contracts during that promo period.

I guess that's why they intentionally didn't include the 5G model in this new offer.

At the end of the day, we all  just want our pre-order shipped now 🤪

As for the AKG headphones losing value, they haven't.

Don't be misled by the crazy low pricing their selling for on ebay or Gumtree.

Those prices are just what people are trying to get from their free pre-order bonus, so they can pocket some quick cash.

If anything, they're over priced.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The watch active promo would be awesome.

Just goes to show the lengths @Optus are willing to push though 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Had to come share with the fam that I had a dream last night that my Note 10+ 5G arrived today and it was the best day to receive it early and all I could think about doing was letting the fam here know that it came early and then.............. I WOKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was depressed then 😂😂😂😂

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Dolgogi 

Good point on the excess stock temporarily depressing prices. A friend on mine who does a lot of eBay selling says the thing to do is sit tight until the initial rush drys up. Then you can resell for much closer to RRP

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors