cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

@Josh76 ,

Penny dropping. I'm wasn't aware that cascading pre-orders might be a thing to do (In general I'm not a fan of pre-orders, they reduce flexibility, can go horribly wrong and these days seem to involve the company putting a RRP of $500 on a random $50 piece of kit that most people wouldn't have bought anyway as a separate item but human psychology being what it is the maths most of us do is $1500 phone - $500 headset = $1000 phone.)

I've seen a few pre-orders come and go and I've never really seen a good sequence of events (form Optus at least) about how they handle multiple interacting contracts and factors. I would assume that the pre-order deal can be taken up at any time (once announced). There might be some overlap of a month of old and new contract but I'd hope Optus resolves them.

Ultimately I think it reasonable that Optus can only be responsible for the current deal (not some possible one 12 months in the future) but a good company should have the flexibility to acknowledge that their past actions have caused issues down the track. Based on the Note 7 recall debacle that's a bit shaky.

Peter Gillespie

Contributor Josh76
Contributor

@petergdownload I actualy still use the SD card from the 7 in my 8 and soon my 10. The wireless charging pad from the 8 is used every night. I dont have over ear headphones and the old version of the 10 prorder AKGs had decent feedback but this is a newer model with type c charging and hopefully bt 5.0 but they are not $50 kit even if they are over inflated by maybe 10 - 20% from what ive seen and read. The bonus system has been great and I will keep it going as long as I see value.There has been an obstical placed in my way now. Ill have to deal with it at some point most likley.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Page 20 welcomes you 5G family 👍

@Josh76 ummmmm, do you really need to use that old card in your new Note10+ 5G when it finally arrives?

The new phone, besides having 512gb storage, also using UFS 3.0, and that memory card could be a bottle neck when accessing music, photos & video from it.

For perspective:

Samsung says that its 512 GB UFS 3.0 embedded flash drive features a sequential read speed of up to 2100 MB/s, a sequential write speed up to 410 MB/s, and 68,000/63,000 read/write IOPS. When compared to SATA SSDs, the 512 GB UFS 3.0 device offers four times higher sequential reads, but is slightly slower as far as write and random performance numbers are concerned.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I also used my SD card from the 7 in my 8 until it got stolen.

Was shattered but when the $250 e-voucher came through from Samsung for staying with the Note name, I used it to purchase a new SD card from the Samsung store that I still use today in my 9.

I have heard good things and bad things about the headphones but i will make my own determination when we eventually receive our phones

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ahh the evoucher. ... Samsung wireless ear buds were my chosen thing. I was so excited as I ride a motorbike and music is key. Minor issue, when I pull my helmet on they pull out of my ears 🤨 so they are in the Samsung graveyard in my spare room somewhere. 

Look at us all hanging in there like troopers. 🙌

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How did you find the Samsung buds @kirst-mc ?? I am considering investing in some  

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How did you find the Samsung buds @kirst-mc  I am considering investing in some  

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@bretthood they are pretty good sound wise just too bulky for my intended use. 😊

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

So @Optus  has signed off on another software update

PDA N976BXXU1ASHE
CSC N976BOXM1ASHE
September security update.

This update looks to have some bug fixes/improvements, specifically the following:
*Performance improvement of Finger Print recognition
*Performance improvement of touch screen
*Camera Stability improved
*Camera picture quality improved
*Device security.

Only Optus (OPS) and Non carrier (XSA) released so far.
Nothing from Telstra yet.
As of yesterday, 9/9/19

Ship out our phones 😁
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

@Dolgogi I nearly forgot there was a new phone I have ordered. Moved on to waiting for the preorder for galaxy gear active 2 to drop. 

The Note 10 seems old now... and yet so distant in the future. 

@kirst-mc It took me a bit to remember what I did with the voucher but I grabbed a Gear VR and remaining credit went to 2nd wireless charger for the office desk.

I wonder if the Note 10 will feel new when we eventualy get ours? If the 5G network gets delayed will they still deliver on the 20th? If i dont get access to 5G for a period of time will Optus come confiscate my handset because I am not getting the full enjoyable experience or however they put it?

Only time will tell.

See you on page 21.

Top Contributors