cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Peter which has clearly been addressed when at the time of preordering we thought this was a delay imposed on all and not just those of @Optus service.

At the end of the day, what I choose to do with my money is my business and we have have a right to feel disadvantaged. I upgrade my phones each year as I donate my previous phones to a charitable organisation helping low income employees who are not able to afford the cost of them alone. 

Contributor Josh76
Contributor

@bretthood My friend getting it first does seem stupid to me and him but it is what it is. Its a funny situation to all that hear it, and many people have heard it now. The bonus for me over his situation is I hopefully still get my free headphones x 2 once this is all done.

@petergdownload Are you waiting for your 5G Note 10 plus also or just stiring the pot? This is a forum on a consumer website not Unicef. If people feel disadvantaged, disappointed or behind the times and come here for answers whats the problem. This is what the "yescrowd" forum is for. Its not the "yesman" or "yesperson" forum. People dont have to explain why they spend their money or how they spend it here. Its pretty clear that the flagship pre-order crowd wants their tech asap and are willing to pay premium for it. @Optus Despite this willingness the sales person is not delivering

I see reviews and how to guides for the Note 10 plus everywhere as everyone has this phone already. I have my preorder cases and tempered glass and accessories sitting collecting dust waiting for my 2 phones to arrive. I will spend just under $400 a month with Optus for the short term future but they wont answer my questions in their forum.

@Optus lets make it happen already!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

"We have have a right to feel disadvantaged."

The disadvantaged don't usually argue for their "right" to "feel" disadvantaged. Usually its the priviledged that fight for that "right". FWIW low income employees (or even people wondering where their next meal comes from) would probably much prefer a $1000 annual donation to stuff they actually need rather than being handed a phone that unlocks when it recognises their face.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

"This is what the yescrowd forum is for"

Thank you for informing us what this public forum is for.Smiley Happy

The need and desire to have the latest (whatever) before anyone else should be a personal red flag. It suggests that the person in control of your head space is some ad executive in Finland. FOMO is a strong impulse and corporations will exploit it. 

FWIW Optus has delivered exactly what it has promised to deliver. They've been clear on that. Responses in this thread suggest that there should be a law that retailers must tell potential customers that what they are selling is $10 cheaper across the road. 

People do what they want and I don't need any explanation. I just think the "disadvantaged" angle falls into the don't want to go there category.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@petergdownload Once again although you are entitled to your opinion it is irrelevant as to what I do with my money.

For your information, the people who receive the phones I donate are extremely thankful for the help. I do not need to justify my actions or feelings to you.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@petergdownload  I'm not sure why you felt the need to comment other than to stir the pot. Your opinion is just that and to be fair what people choose to do with their money is their own personal business.

Every 2 years I upgrade my phone and yes, I pre order the latest tech......that I work my ass off for. I also donate my time and money to charities during the course of the year. 

Do i feel disadvantaged...no but I'm certainly angry that @Optus don't seem to feel any response is required.  People can feel whatever way they choose and who are you to tell them they can't.

*page 15 🖐🏻* 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@petergdownload I'll have to disagree with you about @Optus being clear about things.

When you have people posting here that they've been told their order would ship same day as the Note10+, or have been told that no retailer/carrier will be shipping the 5G variant until September 20, then I would suggest that Optus has been as clear as mud.

Then, when people start to question the delay, because they've realised that in actual fact, retailers etc, are shipping the 5G model on August 23rd, and are told it wasn't a choice Optus wanted, things become even murkier.

The only statement Optus has posted about the delayed launch, is  a smoke & mirrors response ,IMHO, to try and shut people up, but I guess Optus forgets that not all of it's customers are "average" consumers.

Looking at how Optus has magically been able to secure extra AKG headphones and thus extended this pre-order bonus, plus the new Samsung/Optus promo for a Galaxy Watch Active for those who purchase an S10 or Note10+  from Optus (with the exception of Note10+ 5G purchases), I'm going to suggest that Optus has delayed the shipments of the 5G model, at the request of Samsung, in exchange for extra perks and likely better purchasing prices.

On the subject of pricing, I note that the Microsoft store in Sydney has the Note10+ 5G for roughly $100 less than the pricing Samsung and retailers are selling for.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Side note about Telstra.

While they had the 5G variant available since August 23rd, keep in mind (if updates are important to you) that Telstra are absolute crap in releasing timely updates.

I see that they finally released the NOTE9 July security update on September 3rd 🤪😂

At least Optus pushes their updates at the same time (for the most part) as the non carrier branded Samsung phones (XSA).

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Dolgogi ,

No disagreement with anything you've posted. The original delay was a kick in the guts (I only meant clearly inthat the shipping date was made clear at the sign up) What has followed has been a textbook example of Optus turning what should be a fantastic customer/company experience into a major disappointment with many people vowing never to do business with Optus again (and no doubt telling 10 other people to steer clear too).

As I mentioned way back, I suspect Optus has some sort of legal embargo (or the phones are yet to be physically delivered to them etc.) and as such they simply can't give readers of this thread the answer the want. Hopefully they learn from the shemozzle although its likely going to be a while before 6G rolls around.

Hope something changes (but it seems slim chance if it hasn't happened by page 15)

Peter Gillespie

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the long delay on a reply since page 2 for a formal response. I've been providing this feedback and questions surrounding the launch date of the 5G handset.

"The launch date for the handset has always remained the same '20th September 2019' this is to ensure once you receive and activate your Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G handset that you receive the best network experience possible. There shouldn’t be any confusion from staff or customers around what the launch date of the two models are, the correct dates have been outlined on our website along with our physical channels and are must mentions when signing up to the pre-order." 

If anyone is getting pushback to change/cancel the pre-order from sales please let me know and I can get someone from social to try and assist. 

Top Contributors