Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

@petergdownload well, my question about legalities was due to Samsung now using the streamlined "reason" @AlistarS posted here a few days ago.

At the end of the day, it's smoke & mirrors, since they're is no way Optus hasn't been testing Samsung's 5G hardware for a few months at least.

On a side note, Samsung and various retailers have now removed mention of the bonus AKG headphones, since the pre-order period has passed.

But I guess there's some back room action with Optus & Samsung going on.

Optus has now extended the pre-order AKG bonus for the 5G Note10+ until the 19th September.

It was previously until August 22 like everyone else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Today, SamsungAU posted a question asking their customers which of the 2 colours they prefer.

An Optus customer (not me) replied he couldn't choose because Optus won't send him his pre-order 😁

SamsungAU replied with:

"Correct, ****! We're trying to have the 5G up and ready on the Optus network"

So, Samsung is not allocating stock to Optus until their mobile 5G services goes online until September 20?

A visit to the George St Optus store today was a laugh.

Clearly Optus still hasn't done anything about different dept's within the company telling customers different stories.

Maybe some staff are not willing to lie to customers.

When asking the staff at the Optus store, first staff member tells me that Optus will not have stock until just prior to the Sept 20.......

Before he finishes that sentence, his colleague quickly talk's over him telling me that Optus will not ship stock until September 20, when the the 5G network goes live.

The 2nd staff member seemed agitated about my polite, but informed questions, and was not happy until I left.

Highlighted
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

I went to Optus Highpoint SC in Melbourne today and asked if they had 5G handsets available yet. A staff member told me not yet. Correct answer. I then asked if other carriers have the stock yet. I got told once again that the 5G handsets are not available yet for any provider. Wrong answer. I went to the opposition next door who of course told me they had the aura black in stock to sell now but the aura glow is on back order. I got the same answer in the Samsung experiance store. I asked them do they sign up contracts for Optus and could they sell me the 5G handset they have in stock now. The shop assistant kind of melted down in front of me and I could see her wanting to run away before I asked anything further. Maybe it is a Samsung thing more than an Optus thing but I still feel that my providers lack of information and game playing has done some permanent damage to my impressions going forward. All I can do for now is begin to wonder with excitment what is this wonderful "joint promotion" ive heard mention of in relation to the activation of Optus 5G along with the release of the Samsung Note 10 5G for Optus customers. Surely it will be an amazing and rewarding situation for the duped but loyal members of the "yescrowd". Im sure it will not just be Optus bloatware on my preordered one month late handset and a payout figure when I try preorder the Samsung Note 12.

Highlighted
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

One more thing that will be interesting to see. How will people that were in contract with remaining handset repayments be affected by this extension of the preorder offer?The Samsung Note 8 promotion had a credit to offset the handset repayments for the term of the contract. One of my services is in contract until October. Optus sales allowed the preorder to proceed once we agreed to payout 3 months of handset payments. Now that the preorder deadline has been pushed back will Optus still add these 3 agreed handset repayments to my bills as stated by the sales team? Im sure I wont be the only one that had to agree to these handset repayments being added to my future bills. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Josh76 

According to the sales team member I spoke with, any handset repayments due will start from the next bill

I'll find out shortly.

The woman I spoke with was a bit rude actually.

She read out my order details, and said:

"You've chosen **** plan, and the Note10+ 5G in white, is this correct?"

I tell her no, there is no white model for sale by Optus, I chose Aura Glow.

Then she argues with me that her system shows I ordered white. 🤣

The email I received at 9:04am, minutes after I placed my order, correctly shows Aura Glow, however, online tracking shows:

SAMSG NOTE10WT 5G BD

Not sure what BD means, but I can only assume she saw the WT as meaning white?

What was the joint promotion you heard about?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

@Dolgogi It was just somthing said in one of the replies in this thread. Nothing official. I was told by one of the reps I spoke to in Solutions + that the handset payments wouldnt actualy be charged until the rate plan change occurs post delivery. Sales spoke about the handset payments being added to my next bill (the same as you were told) so we will see soon what way it works. As said in my last post the outcome will be interesting for us early adapters that got in at a time they could charge us more payout.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Josh76  ahh ok.

In the mean time, here's a wallpaper for the Note10+ 5G showing the internals, minus the Qi charge coils.

Photo courtesy of iFixit

Note10+5G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

@Dolgogi 

Found the post. See below. But as mentioned its nothing official.

You got me. I actually have no idea why the delay in the 5G model launch and so my responce should perhaps be completely stricken. 

My only subsequent thought is that perhaps Optus are actually holding off on the 5G network launch until closer to that date (Sept 20) and want to have a combined promotion etc. 

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Josh76 ,

Hi, Seen in other forums that Samsung and Optus seem very on the same page re the delay and the reasons. I'm beginning to wonder if the pre-order delay hasn't been mandated by Samsung. Presumably Optus wouldn't want ot be the only Telco not releasing the 5G phones now (this thread gives ample reason why that's a bad idea). But perhaps Sumsung made it a requirement that mobile customers must have a working 5G network before they will allow its release. Again just surmation though.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@petergdownload 

How would you then explain Samsung, JB Hi-Fi, Hardly Normal etc having pre-orders for the 5G variants?

Samsung didn't offer/take pre-orders for the S10 5G, and the Sydney Samsung store was directing customers who wanted the S10 5G to Telstra.

It seems like, anyone who ordered they 5G model from Samsung or retailers can have their phones from release day, even if they don't have a 5G service.

Except Optus customers, because f@#& Optus customers.

Top Contributors