cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Rockdad83
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

Haha yep. What a cluster**** that was! Still love my notes though! 😂😂😂. Can't fault the note 8  been such a good phone but time to pass it on to someone else. That's why I stayed clear of the 5G, the network is nowhere near ready and won't be for a long time yet. They've only just upgraded the 4g towers where I am. 

New Contributor Plow
New Contributor

are people receiving notifications that there order has left the warehouse?

I have order showing submitted as of 9 August 2019... but no change of status.

surely they didnt sell out of preorder devices in 1 day?

(10+ 4G Aura Glow)

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If/when your order is ready to ship, you'll get an email telling you that the item has left the warehouse.

You'll then get another email and I think txt MSG updates when it's with Star Track and heading to you.

I'm assuming Optus is still using Star Track.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Plow
New Contributor

Thanks @Dolgogi  unfortunately  no email.

Was more curious and regretting having the delivery preorder when could have picked up tomorrow in store.

Plus optus can't tell me if my order is in their first shipment. Not sure how they  dont have a system that tells them how  much stock vs how many are ordered but thats ok. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Bummer, though you'll still get it before too long.

Yeah, store pickup is always a good reason for a sickie.

I don't think I'd be very functional at work if I did a store collection 🙂

Contributor Rockdad83
Contributor

Dropped my son off at school and within 10 minutes the delivery driver had been and gone. Now will have to wait an hour to pick up from post office and an hour till I get home after the gym. This is painful! #FirstWorldProblems

New Contributor Plow
New Contributor

Very jealous @Rockdad83 

Can i ask which model and when u ordered? 

My status is still submitted 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Samsung replied, almost 24 hours after my last message to them.

This is their reply:

"Hello, we want to ensure that when our customers receive their Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G, it’s capable of working on our 5G network as it rolls out. Given this, Optus will commence deliveries of this device from the 20th September 2019."

Look familiar?

I guess there's been talks between Samsung & Optus about this in the last 24 hours?

Once again I've thanked them for their reply, but also noted that it's still not a clear answer and that Optus has now adopted this response a few days ago.

I also asked how is it legal to release a phone in Australia with prior testing, since Samsung has released the 5G variant for pre-order on it's own website, and that is was open to all Samsung customers.

Samsung quickly replied with:

"Hello, do keep in mind it is the 5G network that's being tested as Optus is brand new to rolling out 5G :)"

I've replied to that as well, saying that Optus and others would have had access to Samsung hardware running the Exynos 5100 modem chipset for several months, most likely prior to the launch of the Galaxy S10 5G.

I feel Optus & Samsung have forgotten that not all their customers are "average consumers".

That they've forgotten that some are tech savvy and early adopters.

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think the problem is more they just don't care or listen to their customers @Dolgogi  this is becoming more and more evident. Maybe it's time to jump ship from both  Optus and Samsung 

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I also asked how is it legal to release a phone in Australia with(out?) prior testing,

Who says its not been tested? Samsung currently only make the claim that you can access the (now available) Telstra 5G network. With of course the obligatory disclaimer: 

Available on selected plans on the Telstra network. 5G network is progressively being rolled out across Australia. Current availability is limited to major capital city CBDs and other select high traffic areas. Actual speeds achieved will vary depending on service availability and other factors

It is strange that Samsung's response would suggest they are holding back the phone release to Optus and not the other way around.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors