Contributor Rockdad83
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Pre-order

@Optus @@@@Will we be receiving our devices on Friday or most likely Mond

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

They usually put them in the post a day or two before the release date but I suspect the answer is that they'll arrive when they srrive.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Note10+ pre-orders should start arriving Friday, depending on location etc.

Note10+ 5G.....

No

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey everyone,

With pre-orders, they should start arriving Friday, depending on location and stock levels etc. Generally speaking updates relating to the actual delivery and tracking won't be sent out until hardware is allocated to your order and the order status changes.

Delivery timeframes are dependent on stock availability, and may be longer during new Mobile Phone releases and special promotions.

Delivery timeframes when stock is available:

• Metropolitan Areas: Orders made before 12pm (AEST) Monday-Friday will be delivered in 1-5 days
  • Regional Deliveries: Around 3-5 business days for most regional areas

In terms of updates for the 5G delay, we haven't posted any updates as we haven't heard anything back, Doesn't look like they'll budge on the proposed launch date.

0 Kudos
Contributor Josh76
Contributor

All I can do is assume that Optus doesnt have our 5G variant handsets yet. They probably struck some deal with Samsung Australia to take delivery at a later date in there benifit but at their customers loss. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

On Saturday the 10th August, I had some errands to run in Sydney, and while there, I visited the Samsung store to see the demo units, which they didn't have.

But still got to check the dummy units and had a chat with the staff there.

This is primarily when I realised only Optus has delayed the shipping of the 5G model.

Around 12pm I went across to the Optus store in George St, and I speak with a young guy there and tell him I've pre-ordered the 5G variant, but after speaking with staff at the Samsung store and checking online, only Optus is delaying it's shipmentsand ask why.

He tells me that the delay is caused by Samsung, as they wouldn't allocate stock to Optus until mid September.

He then proceeds to tell me I'm better off cancelling my order and ordering the 4G variant.

(Good job 👍

On the 13th August, I post a public tweet to Optus asking about the delay and received the following response:

"Hi, the Samsung Note10 4G version is available from next week but the Samsung Note 10+ 5G will not be available until September 20th and on-wards. This wasn't our decision unfortunately. Can you DM us where you heard this?"

I send the DM with the info, and then received this:

"Hey, I suspect that this may launch in line with our 5G network. I'm awaiting for confirmation on this question for you. We should have answer by today, if not tomorrow afternoon. We'll keep you posted and if you're wanting a update, feel free to message us"

I get a response, which is much like what was posted by the Community Manager AlistarS:

"We want to ensure that when our customers receive their Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G, it’s capable of working on our 5G network as it rolls out. Given this, Optus will commence deliveries of this device from the 20th September 2019."

Now you may have noticed that the very first reply from Optus stated very clearly: "This wasn't our decision unfortunately."

Who's decision was it then? Samsung's?

There is clearly a problem within Optus when it comes to being honest with customers, and even more of a problem internally at Optus when you get a different response to this simple question, depending who you speak to there.

I'm not knocking the yescrowd team nor am I knocking the Twitter team, just to be clear, which is why I also removed the names from the Twitter team I spoke with.

With that in mind, and since I have nothing to lose & I'm unhappy with so many mixed answers, I decided today to send a public tweet to Samsung.

I told them what was said to me by the staff at the George St Optus store, and asked if the delay for customers ordering the 5g variant from Optus was due to Samsung Australia.

Samsung replied with the following:

"Hello, due to high demand for the 5G variant there might be delays with stock being shipped out, once stock is replenished we will try our best to have them shipped out asap"

I have since replied to them, thanking them for their reply, but also telling them they haven't answered my question.

I also re-worded my question as to be sure it's crystal clear.

Samsung has not replied to me, since their first msg at mid-day.

Contributor Rockdad83
Contributor

Just got an email saying note 10 plus has left the warehouse! Awesome, can't wait! 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Dolgogi  absolutely agree. Not getting a straight answer anywhere, it's very frustrating. 

@Rockdad83 .... fairly sure I remember your name popping up during the Note 7 fiasco? Hope this one goes smoother when they finally arrive 😊

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Dolgogi we actually work with the social team and can see who sent that public reply. We'll speak to the agent as to why that wording was posted. The follow up PM he sent after reaching out to the team was streamlined to our messaing because that's all we've been given. 

I understand the frustration having to wait for a device, not a great customer experience. I've emailed this thread to the product leads, thanks for the feedback. If I do hear anything I'll make sure I update everyone. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @AlistarS 

I know you guys can view who has said & done what.

It was more to keep names out of the public view I guess.

Leave them be.

More concerning should be the staff at the George St store on the 10th August.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors