Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor jojo57
New Contributor

SVOD_Netflix data useage not by me.

I have just seen some SVOD_Netflix data on my pre paid broadband useage. I know I didn't download anything from Netlix. Does this mean someone else is using wifi to access my account? I hadn't changed the password from the preset, thinking that was unique to my modem, obviously that is not right? I have since found out how to change the modem password, many thanks to previous forum posts.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SVOD_Netflix data useage not by me.

Is it significant data usage or a couple of KB every time? There are few posts on this and I am wondering what other apps might communicate with the Netflix servers. What devices do you have connected to your prepaid broadband?

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Online-Mobile-Self-Service/SVOD-NETFLIX/td-p/398283

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jojo57
New Contributor

I’ve now recharged and not sure I can get my historical data, but from memory, some was a few kB at a time but three were a couple of large mb as well. The only devices connected were two desktop computers with no apps installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well I think you made the right move by changing your password. If you see any more data being used from now on then I would be having a word with support to see if they can come with any ideas on why that would be happening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jojo57
New Contributor

Just saw other posts re Svod_netflix, all baffled, no resolution.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors