Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Silentstorm77
Occasional Contributor

SUSPICIOUS TXT MESSAGE

I believe I received a suspicious txt message today. Is there an email address to send a screenshot to inform Optus?
Cheers

Storm77
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SUSPICIOUS TXT MESSAGE

You can send it to abuse@optusnet.com.au .

If the screenshot does not contain any personal details, would you mind posting it here as well.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, of course, not a problem.
I'm still not 100% sure it is spam now as I just got a similar txt after changing a setting in my account. However, in saying that, I didn't change anything before receiving this particular txt.
Thank you for your help.
Cheers

Storm77
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I do apologise for my lack of knowledge but could you please tell me how to post the screenshot on here please 🙉🤪🤔
Cheers

Storm77
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Silentstorm77 wrote:
I do apologise for my lack of knowledge but could you please tell me how to post the screenshot on here please 🙉🤪🤔

Sure. When you write a post just click on the camera icon, and then either press the choose files button or drag an image into the popup.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Silentstorm77 wrote:
I'm still not 100% sure it is spam now as I just got a similar txt after changing a setting in my account. However, in saying that, I didn't change anything before receiving this particular txt.

Optus does send out useless "order update" type messages for seemingly no or trivial reasons. All it seems to do is worry people because it generally contains absolutely no useful information at all and we don't know what triggers them.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Oh well that makes sense lol. I was looking for a way to insert into this post somehow, now I really feel silly haha. Thank you again for your help 😁
Cheers

Storm77
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I just noticed the ph number in the message isn't even mine. I still don't have an issue posting it but should I maybe blur out the number for privacy reasons ?
Cheers

Storm77
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Absolutely blur it out, we'll still get the general text, structure of the message, and context which are the important parts.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

SCREENSHOT OF TXT MESSAGE

Screenshot of txt received in relation to an unknown number ....

sus txt_LI.jpg

Cheers

Storm77
0 Kudos
Top Contributors