Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

STOLEN PHONE AND I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO OPTUS BECAUSE COVID

Hi,

I just got my phone stolen today and I tried calling Optus I've waitied 3+ hours and I'm still not getting through because of the covid19 so too much traffic I guess.

I tried following the optus online steps in blocking the handset and sim but I can't access it on my account because all I can see is Devices > Device Centre > and then that's it. I have 2 devices and none of them have any click/further options so how am I supposed to follow the online instructions of managing the devices if all it says is just information on the devices.

This is stressing me out. please help me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: STOLEN PHONE AND I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO OPTUS BECAUSE COVID

hey widiam,

Here's how to block your device and/or SIM card:

1. Log in to My Account
  2. Select the service you wish to report lost/stolen
  3. Select Manage
  4. Select Show all settings
  5. Select Lost or stolen phone (block/unblock)
  6. Select the appropriate option:
    • Block my phone and SIM: this will block your phone handset and the SIM
    • Block my phone only: this will only block your phone handset

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: STOLEN PHONE AND I CAN'T GET THROUGH TO OPTUS BECAUSE COVID

Hi,

Yes I tried to navigate through My Account to follow the steps but couldn't find where I could click Manage for my device. I ended up messaging them through on Facebook and they too sent what you sent me but I screen recorded myself trying to navigate through My account and sent it to them proving that there are possible links to follow. Later they replied:

"Ah apologies, Widia. You're unable to block your device via My Account, we can do that here for you though.

Can you confirm which device needs to be blocked?

Once you confirm, we'll arrange this for you - Nard"

So I'm not sure why they still have it on their website when we clearly are not able to do it on our own.

But thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
0 Kudos