Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SMS not working when roaming, via Singtel, in Singapore

DonMOONEY

Hi All,

My SMSs did not work when roaming, via Singtel, in Singapore recently. I have an Australian Post-paid plan. I note that I could make phone calls whislt roaming. Also, I was charged for the failed SMSs.

thanks, Don

Re: SMS not working when roaming, via Singtel, in Singapore

Ray_YC

Hey there Don,

Did you receive error messages or were they just stuck in the Outbox?

Were you sending them to numbers in the right format when roaming overseas? e.g. +61400 123 456

Please be aware that we don't have visibility of customer accounts here on Yes Crowd.

To discuss your bill, please Chat with us

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DonMOONEY

Hi Ray_YC,

The messages were not stuck in my outbox. I also use the +65 .. prefix (the phone calls are OK but not the SMSs)

I rang Optus help who said the messages did not go through but they were unable to explain why.

Many thanks, Don

Solution

Ray_YC

Ah so you were sending SMS to Singaporean numbers.

Identifying issues is a bit tricky when roaming as customers are using the overseas network, even if it's Singtel in this case.

If you're a regular traveller, you can try a manual network selection next time to select another available network.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
76 Kudos
73 Kudos
51 Kudos