Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Fanglestein
New Contributor
New Contributor

SMS messages from ANZ, my daughter and others do not arrive

I have been trying to activate an ANZ card in Google pay and no sms validation arrives, ever. Checked with the bank and google tech support and the phone number has not changed and still is correct.

Now some of my daughter's sms's have failed to arrive but my wife's does arrive.

We are all using the Optus network.

There is plenty of bars of signal here and phone calls are working. Very much evidenced by the number of spam callers on my mobile blast it.

Don't know what else to do here.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: SMS messages from ANZ, my daughter and others do not arrive

How would you know if phone calls were working if you never got them?

SMS is usually pretty reliable. Perhaps get your daughter and someone else to send a bunch of SMS over an hour or so (just type a new number (1,2,3,etc.) in each one so you can track if any go missing). 

Only actual option I can think of is to drop into an Optus store and they'll give you a new SIM on the spot (same number). Might be faulty?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: SMS messages from ANZ, my daughter and others do not arrive

That's some Area 51 stuff right there about the phone calls Peter. (I have no idea what that actually means, just trying to stay relevant).

Please also see our help and support article: Can't Send/Receive Messages: Mobile Phone troubleshooting

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors