Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ashwells
New Contributor
New Contributor

SMS and inbound calls not working but outbound calls and mobile internet are

My phone (Samsung S20) was working fine all day and then suddenly I was not able to send SMS' and was getting an error message that they had failed to send. With some troubleshooting I have realised that I am not receiving messages or calls either, but I am able to successfully make a call. I am also able to use the mobile data for internet when not connected to wifi. 

I've followed the troubleshoot guide to no success. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: SMS and inbound calls not working but outbound calls and mobile internet are

Hi @ashwells, thanks for getting in touch with us. Our mobile teams are currently investigating the issue and working on resolving this issue with the highest regard.

In the meantime, please continue to use social apps such as what's app or Messenger. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Todd79
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: SMS and inbound calls not working but outbound calls and mobile internet are

Seems I'm in the same boat as yourself in regards to the text message situation.
0 Kudos
ashwells
New Contributor
New Contributor

Speaking to the WebChat team it seems like there are a number of people in the same boat. Sounds like it's being worked on though, so hopefully not too long!
Todd79
New Contributor
New Contributor

Finger crossed.
Hyphenates
New Contributor
New Contributor

Spoiler

Hi. My texts aren't receiving or sending either. Optus Business Plan. Tried all the recommended phone resets. Still not working. Seems like a network issue.

Tina_YC

Hey @Todd79 and @ashwells, Our team are investigating fault 23689450 as a priority. We apologise about the inconvenience that this causes and appreciate the patience. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Todd79
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes it seems to be a widespread issue.
0 Kudos