Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

SMS/MMS slow and unstable

Marcflo

When sending an SMS/MMS my messages sometimes take 10-15 minutes to send, other times they go straight away. Can anyone tell my how to fix this because it is quite frustrating. Or is this a way of subversively forcing the use of more data via other apps such as Whats App, Google Hangouts, etc. never had this problem prior to going direct with Optus just under 2 weeks ago.

Highlighted

Re: SMS/MMS slow and unstable

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Good afternoon @Marcflo

Odd that it's both SMS as well as MMS messages that are taking longer than normal to send. Do you have full bars of coverage when attempting to send out SMS/MMS messages?

Have you tried several images of varying quality i.e. low res or res? 

Or is this a way of subversively forcing the use of more data via other apps such as Whats App, Google Hangouts

You can switch data off on an app-level, but there's no way to prioritise data for use with certain apps or features. 

It really shouldn't get to the point that you need to consider that sort of workaround 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Marcflo

Thanks for your response Dan.

It seems that it is just SMS messages that are sometimes slow, sorry my bad I thought that with the addition of emoticons it turned the message into an MMS.

I do have a full signal on the phone when sending. It has come to the point of sending messages via other apps and not using SMS messaging because I am finding it unreliable, when I think the message has gone, still find it “sending” 10 minutes later.

NattyB

16 hours for someone to receive my SMS from Wednesday 10:30pm to Thursday 2:30pm in Adelaide region, 9th-10th April 2019. Admittedly the sendee has bad Vodafone reception and needs to keep walking down the corridor from her office to get her messages but she says the big delay only happens with my Optus phone as she always walks down the corridor to get her messages.

Solution

Ray_YC

Does she receive them normally when not in the office? If yes, I'd say that's a issue on the other end.

If not, this is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us

Please have several specific examples (dates and times) ready to provide.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
109 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos