cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Baldacchino
New Contributor

SMS Blocked From AWS SNS

Hello,

I make use of programatic SMS (Amazon Simple Notification Service) and when coding my program encountered an error and ratehr than the usual 1-2 SMS I receive from this number per day I was sent about 250 in the spate of 2 minutes.
Fr
After about 50 of these they stopped arriving at my phone and in the error logs of the AWS Simple Notification Service it shows an inability to deliver to my number. If I use another phone number its fine.

I have obviously caused some form of block on the Optus. I don't really want to have to call support as I can see myself being stuck on the phone for ever.

Does anyone have any tips on how to engage Optus and remove this block.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: SMS Blocked From AWS SNS

Hey @Baldacchino, this is quite a specific request that will need to be raised with our networks team. If you shoot me a private message with the number, your name and DOB, I will send it off and see what can be done here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor aldgb
New Contributor

I am also getting this problem.

How can I get my number unblocked?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi aldgb,

Thank you for raising this issue.
We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

Other please contact our technical support team for assistance.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor aldgb
New Contributor

So just closing the loop on the issue in case this happens to anyone again.

AWS has a limit on the SNS SMS an account is allowed to send.

Once the limit is reached the SMS will not come through.

You can ask AWS to raise that limit and they will come through again

Top Contributors