cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

SIM not activated after three days

Hi

So I received my S8 order with the new sim and a new number, now it has been three days trying to activate the SIM!!!!.

normally the SIM is activated from 1 to 4 hours, So what is wrong with optus??!!!!! I chated three times with the support and each time they say it will be activated, so what is going on? and when you go to the store they say they cannot activate it and I need to talk to the support!!!! so what is the use of the store if they cannot activate a simple SIM or cannot tell me why?!

I am really frustrated with optus, first they delayed my DSL installation three weeks with no compensation and now this, they really know how to change a loyal customer.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: SIM not activated after three days

I can't really help, but if it's any consolation I have had same issue since 30 April with no ETA for a fix.

Only advice I can give is keep calling, and don't choose SIM activation in the phone menus, it just tells you to do it online (which if like me, won't work) and kicks you off the phone...

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @drepcetera for the reply, I am sorry to hear you are facing the same problem.

This will be my plan and hopfully ( but I am not for the time being) the issue gets solved. Strange how a simple activation process turns into a long frustrating process consuming time.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @imassri feel free to shoot me a PM with your full name, DOB, and account/service number and we'll check it out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks @Dan_C and @JordanOptus for the help. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Top Contributors