cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Staffy777
New Contributor

SIM not Provisioned

Its the start of my time with Optus, having had many untroubled year with Virgin.
Should have realised what Optus would be like after the World Cup fiasco.
I went with it though as there was a great deal...$55 sim plan, 25GB with double data making it 50 GB.
Currently I have my Virgin Sim back in my phone ( thankfully its not deactivated yet) as I have a "SIM NOT PROVISIONED" message with the new Optus SIM.
After reading of the dramas everyone else is having with this same problem I'am gravely concerned, including the possibility of even not getting the full amount of GB offered in some cases.
It is still early yet though not even 24hrs since getting my SIM activated, so I will wait and see....I'm not holding my breath though....shoud it even take 24hrs....

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Contributor kdog11
Contributor

Re: SIM not Provisioned

Well I knew someone whos sim wasnt provisioned she contacted the optus service or suport or something they told her her sim will be activated the next day 

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Staffy777, if you're still waiting please feel free to send me a private message with the below information so I can check this for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:

Virgin Account Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey, might take you up on the offer soon.

I contacted Optus yesterday, I have a "request ID 488228 pending so probs best to wait till I hear from that before bothering you.

I'm not holding my breath though....it will be 72 hrs since requesting activation and I'm still having to use my old Virgin sim....🤔🤨

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Actually Toomey don't worry about it...I've asked Optus to cancel my plan....before even starting it.

Live chat with "Winston" this morning. 

Again had to provide all the numbers, orders etc etc for them to check.

Now this is the 4th time over 72 hrs....every time being promised it was being sorted. 

First was told they are still carrying out credit checks...absolute rubbish...why send the sim card out in the first place.

Then was told I had the wrong sim card sent and they would send a new one out....its the weekend coming up, so that's another 48 hrs plus and still no resolution....so far over a week would have passed since I received the sim card 

UNBELIEVABLE 

Is it any wonder Optus cocked up the World Cup streaming. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Chloehelp
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue 

Did they end up fixing it and how long did it take?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey Chloe - just responded to your private message. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos