Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Radha_Mahajan
New Contributor
New Contributor

SIM card not yet active

I bought a new sim card and it is not active yet . It has been more than 12 hours.

New no# *****

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nard_YC

Re: SIM card not yet active

Hi there, @Radha_Mahajan. Thanks for posting on Yes Crowd. 

Please note: This is a public online forum. The Yes Crowd team cannot access or view customer accounts/orders. Please don't post your personal details as per our  Community Guidelines. Your number has been hidden to protect your information. 

If your service has not yet activated yet since you received your SIM and you've tried all troubleshooting such as restarting your handset and/or removing the SIM and reinserting it, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Teams. 

They'll be able to take a look at your account and see what's delaying the activation of your SIM card. You can get in touch with our 24x7 Experts via Messaging in the My Optus App or chatting on our website

If you're unable to chat with the team mentioned above, please send a PM to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page. The team will verify your account details and take a closer look into this for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.