cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

wendydarling
New Contributor
New Contributor

SIM card delivery

Hello,

I have ordered a replacement SIM card for my mobile phone twice (27/9 and 13/10). Each time I was told my order would be processed and a new SIM card delivered to my address (the reference numbers for my orders are 401083 and 405734). I also received two text messages from Optus telling me that my orders had been processed and my estimated delivery date (29/9 and 17/10). However, I never received the first SIM card and now the second is late as well. Optus never sent me any tracking number so I can't check the status of the deliveries on the StarTrack website. I have live chatted twice and called Optus at least 5 times just on this issue and I have dealt with some truly obnoxious staff and the thought of calling through again just turns my stomach. Is it possible for this issue to be dealt with on this forum, at least for the tracking numbers to be provided me, I really can't believe how inept Optus is with a simple delivery. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DJ83x
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: SIM card delivery

Hi @wendydarling

I'm sorry to hear this. If you're still waiting delivery, perhaps pop into your local Optus store and get a replacement sim straight away.

0 Kudos
wendydarling
New Contributor
New Contributor

Frankly, I'm afraid I will be told I'll have to pay to get my service transferred to a new number, which is what the new SIM card is for. I have been assured that by both live chat and telephone representatives that the transfer would be free because the failure to port was a mistake on Optus's part, but with the hostile treatment I've received (someone from technical support was downright belligerent with me, repeatedly saying what I was asking for was illegal and demanding the names of others who had tried to help me so he could report them) I don't have much confidence that in-store staff will treat me decently, never mind fulfill my request without insisting I pay. And I was hoping for the convenience of not having to go in anyway. 

I have an order number, several reference numbers, a case number and it all seems to be useless. Through live chat I've now been able to track my delivery on StarTrack's website, which says "delivery attempt unsuccessful" (a lie, since I was home all day and no one rang) and that it's currently at a StarTrack location in my city. The most recent details are "received advanced shipping notice" and "freight manifest transmitted". According to a StarTrack rep, this could mean it's in the process of being returned to Sydney DFPC and there's nothing he can do about it due to Optus's contractual obligations to StarTrack. If my SIM card gets returned to Optus, what then? Are they going to cancel delivery and tell me I've got to go into a shop to place a new order? What's online ordering for then? It seems to be utterly useless.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It's awful to hear of the run around you've had to do, ordering a new SIM certainly shouldn't be this difficult. 

I'll need to check the account/order to see what's going on here. We may be able to post a SIM from the office.

Please send me a private message with your order number, full name, service number and DOB so we can check it out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos