Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Filip
New Contributor

SIM activation

Hi all, 

I have i question , can i cancel my plan from Optus. I moved to Optus 5 days ago  from Virgin and one of my numbers was activated the next day , but the second number that i need so much for my work is not working for 5 days and they are telling me different stories every day why my card is still not activated. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: SIM activation

Try ringing Customer Retention/Disconnections on 1300 555 241 and wade through the menu Options.  Canceling will depend if you have entered into a contract with Optus or not, you can always ask the Team Member to raise a complaint, and ask for a complaint reference number to have it cased managed. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Filip, I just wanted to send through an update.

We've managed to raise two high severity cases, that's IT case - 

1806090535 & 1806090558

We've began seeing orders flow through to completion. You're welcome to send your details through to us. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We'll attach your order to the cases we've raised. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor MrOff
Occasional Contributor

Think you've got roblems? I've had a useless phone with me since 21st of August. I was promised by contract that it would take a maximum of 4 hours to activate SIM if I followed the directions Listed. I gladly did all this to the letter. In fact I have done it 7 tmes now utilising all options provided by OPTUS. It is now the 10th of September. No service. No active SIM. I am not concerned because Optus is in breach of ciontract. To all you suffering the same fate out there, remember this. Your contract has been dishonoured and is thus null and void. Legally Optus cannot charge you anything because they have not delivered what they promised. I am still a customer with my old provider and am happy to contnue with them I now use my new, Optus provide iphone X as a door stopper. Thanks Optus. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm terribly sorry to hear that there's been an issue with your port request as I can appreciate this would be frustrating. Can I get you to confirm if you've been provided with a reference number which we can follow up on? If possible please send us a PM with your full name DOB and number and we'd be more than happy to follow this up. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors