cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: SIM activation problems

I’m having the same problems but with OPTUS recharge. I’ve made approx 50 phone calls to OPTUS. Every time they say it’s escalated & to wait another 7 days. I just want my usual OPTUS number I’ve had for years back. I’m unwell and this has caused massive problems. WHY have these problems worsened ever since OPTUS outsourced all their customer service to Asia & South Africa? There doesn’t appear to be any accountability anymore in terms of providing any reasonable customer service, in my opinion. It’s a reasonable expectation to EXPECT your OPTUS number can be activated/migrate across to another OPTUS carrier. Perhaps we should go to A Current Affair & report how much trouble, stress & anxiety OPTUS has placed on individuals. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I ended spending another 1.5 hrs on the phone yesterday to be told that yet another IT ticket that was meant to be raised last week hadn't been raised so I waited around 5 days for nothing for them to allegedly raise the correct ticket yesterday and I get quoted another 3 days turn around.

Of course there is no way of checking anything has been done properly because each time you call you get a new person and no one knows what's going on and and the elusive IT department can't be contacted.

I fully expect that by the end of the week my phone still won't work and I will have to start the process again for the 5th time because no one knows anything.  Obviously this won't be happening and I will just call cancellations, hopefully avoiding the ombudsman on account of optus trying to charge me contract cancellation fees for a service they haven't been able to provide for over 2 weeks.

In all my 25+ years of being an adult I've never encountered so much incompetence from front line tech support and their apparent supervisors and such a lethargy from a company to actually resolve issues.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry to hear of your activation problems CAUSED by OPTUS. I’m taking legal action if my Ootus number (that I’ve had for 9 years) isn’t activated by Optus by COB this Wednesday. I’ve had enough. No-one should ave to wait days, never mind weeks to have their sim card with an Ootus number activated! Perhaps people who’ve experienced this should contact each other for a Class Action lawsuit! 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors