Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Decim8u2
New Contributor
New Contributor

S9+ Video Calls

Is it possible to make video calls from the new S9+? There's no provision to make them.

I had an S7 and was with Telstra and could, but can't seem to on this new phone.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: S9+ Video Calls

I don't believe so sorry, I've got the S8 with no video call options either. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Chris83
New Contributor
New Contributor

+1 on this, I'm unable to see the options for it but as soon as I enter a Vodafone SIM for example, it's there available.
Pretty pathetic from Optus, please enable and support this option. We don't want to have to use a seperate app for video calling, native is the way forward.

GuyCS

Hey @Chris83 - appreciate the feedback. I can understand that some users may prefer native video calling features over external apps, however, we don't currently support this, sorry.

That being said, I'll ensure your comments are passed on to the relevant team for assessment. Thanks again!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Chris83
New Contributor
New Contributor

So is there a reason Vodafone Telstra support it but Optus does not? Is there an ETA?

0 Kudos
GuyCS

Sorry @Chris83 but we' don't have an ETA to provide and we're unable to speak for other providers. My understanding is that Optus is focusing on newer technologies, however, this is subject to change. 

0 Kudos
mizzdolly27
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would hope that you consider adding this option as i know i love video calling my grandaughter who cannot talk but loves to see her nanas face. My only option is to use silly messenger which i must say isnt very good. 

0 Kudos
carole49
New Contributor
New Contributor

I know this is an old post but I don't understand why Optus won't provide Video calls. In this day and age it's a fairly popular requirement, other Telcos support it and not everyone wants to put another app on the phone. In order to talk to and see my grandchildren I'll be leaving Optus as soon as my plan has finished!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors