Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor PotatoTomato
Occasional Contributor

S8 on $59 Plan with 20GB a month

Hi everyone,

I was interested in this plan and everything about it but I was still a bit unsured about some of the things such as "will there be any extra fee" and so on. So I tried to use their live chat and all my questions were answered, I decided to place an order and the girl who answered my questions helped me to place my order as well. Long story short, my order was placed on Wednesday (20/12), sent my proof of ID and income on Thursday (21/12). And I have not heard from them since (no email of confirmation nor temporary order number,). I noticed that the plan showed as backorder on Friday. I tried calling and the hold time is too long (Chrismas thing).

I just want to hear your experience with this plan and waiting time (as I'll be away after 30/12), or something that would make me feel better. 

Thanks in advance!
And Merry Chrismas!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: S8 on $59 Plan with 20GB a month

Merry Christmas @PotatoTomato

I shouldn't be too worried. It takes a little while for the ID conformation and Optus seem to be pretty eratic with providing an update or temprary order etc. Their after sales communication really needs a big upgrade IMO. The next thing you should probably hear is when your phone is on its way. But as you say, its Christmas and it might be until the New Year.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor TheAuzzinator
Occasional Contributor

Hey @PotatoTomato

I too ordered the S8 on the 20GB $59 plan Tuesday night. I've only received my temp order number but nothing else so far. I'm just hoping to hear something before the plan offer ends, otherwise, I could have just went instore and done it haha. Hopefully, we both find out soon. 

- Auzz

If I've been helpful today please feel free to press that little thumbs up button. It's free and I'd really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi @TheAuzzinator,

Hopefully we can receive it before new year. Actually the deal is only available online, a sale assistant from Optus live chat told me so.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yeah @PotatoTomato, I'm hoping that it arrives this week too. It'd be nice to start out the new year with a brand new phone 😄

- Auzz

If I've been helpful today please feel free to press that little thumbs up button. It's free and I'd really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hey @TheAuzzinator

A Optus staff has tried to follow up with me and apparently my order was not placed properly. Now I'm very frustrated and it most likely that I won't be able to receive it before new year, unless a miracle happen :(. Beyond sad...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@PotatoTomato, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it doesnt take too long for them to send it out now. I just got my email to say that my S8 is on it's way, so at least they're starting to really get through the orders now 😄 

- Auzz

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@TheAuzzinator, I'm glad to hear that your phone is coming. Someone is celebrating his new year with a new phone! Mine got stuck in credit assessment and that's all I know. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor LEASHA
New Contributor

Seems to be quite an issue regarding this in a few forums. I too placed an order to recontract under this offer on the 22/12. Was immediately given a temporary order number. Xmas day I received a txt to say my order had been placed and I could track it using a code given. Ever since then my status within order tracking and within my Optus acct has said "in progress". Quite frustrating when can' access online help or chat, would just like to know when I can expect to receive any news. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors