Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Newhere
Occasional Contributor

Rollover data

Hi,
Just wanted to know as I've run out of my data & now using my 79gb of rollover data, wihen I recharged in 12 days, will what I have left go back into rollover data? Or will I loose what I don't use.
Thanks
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rollover data

From what I understand data will continue to roll over providing you recharge before the expiry. They did have a maximum amount of data that you could accumulate and that should be written in the CIS pertaining to your plan.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/cis 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've read all the information, can't seem to get a direct answer. I appreciate your help, so my rollover data, will go back into rollover data when I recharged.
That's what I'd hope.
Thanks again
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes so if you recharge and get another 100GB the unused 79GB should get rolled over as well. That's my understanding of how it works. Keep in mind the last time I read about prepaid rollover plans they had a maximum amount you could accumulate and I assume that still applies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Newhere,

What Prepaid Plan are you on? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,
I'm on the epic data prepaid.
I'm currently using my rollover data.
When I recharged, will that go back into my rollover data? Or will I loose what I don't use?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

All 5 prepaid Epic data plans that I looked at will roll over data up to 200GB. The whole purpose of the data rollover plans is to not lose what you don't use. You must however recharge before the expiry otherwise you do lose it all.

epic-data.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes I know all that.
I'm currently using my rolled over data.
When I recharge, will it go back into being rolled over data? Is my question.
Used all my data- now using rollover data- when I recharge- will roll over data I'm currently using- go back into my rollover data?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Apologies I may not be understanding your question correctly. So this month you have used your base amount of data what ever that was and you are now using your rolled over data. If you recharge before the expiry whatever is left from your rolled over data will be included with your next recharge and you will also have your new base amount of data to use as well. 

If I still haven't answered your question I might have to leave it to Ray.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

MyData Rollover will be used after any MyData Add On, MyData or MyData Bonus allowances you may have on your current recharge. 

Base data is used first. Any existing MyData Rollover will be added to the next recharge Rollover and be used after the base data.

Used all my data- now using rollover data- when I recharge- will roll over data I'm currently using- go back into my rollover data? = Yes

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos